Asking ken about the LOD for SR71B with iPod
Jan 19, 2011 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

peter3394

New Head-Fier
hi ken, i'm peter who send email to ask you this LOD
that the cable is side exiting, at the end with rsa balanced connector and using the 18AWG cable
and you replay me the 18AWG cable is [size=small]too large to fit that in the side exiting docks[/size]
after that i had send email to reply you to asking for use 22AWG OCC cable
but i can't see your reply
so try to ask you in there

[size=small]how much if i want 22G OCC cable LOD with RSA balanced connector
and i want two more pack of ALO audio rubber starps
one pack have 3 starps, right? so total is 6 i want
what is the different price if i sipping to hong kong by USPS and FedEx ?
give me the total price, and i will pay by paypal
thank you ken
[/size]

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 6
Hey Peter

We are working on getting the balanced SR71B cable on the website, sorry its not up yet please give me some time to do so. Also I have no prices for the cable yet.

The straps on the website but they too need updating as we have white with the new logos on them. We are also doing a complete re do of the ALO website to make it easier to navigate.

Thanks

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 22, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 6
thank you ken

but i want to know, is that you use 4 cable in the LOD?
or you just share the negative line for left and right channel?
can you email me when that cable is ready?

sorry for my troublesome

thankS

peter

Mar 6, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #5 of 6
After discussing this with Ray we have concluded there is zero benefit for making a ipod to 4 pin cable, please use a regular ipod LOD for use with the SR71b. We can make a balanced cable see below if anyone has a need for it. This one is for a iBasso balanced DAC to SR71B

Thanks

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 6, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Ken:

That is a beautiful cable.  I have one made by Moon Audio with the silver dragon as you didn't have one a few months ago.  Mine is exactly the same as yours in terms of connector orientation.  However, with this orientation, there is almost impossible to stack the Boomslang on top or under the SR71b.  This is causing some difficulty for me now as I wanted to stack the Solo, Boomslang and SR71b together.  But that adaptor above makes it very hard to put the pieces together in a stack.  I don't know if you have or have seen the Boomslang and the SR71b and play with the connection with the above adaptor.  I figure the only way this could work is if there is such a thing as a right angle Hirose connector then you can just have a 180 turn with both pieces exiting at an right angle.  Or if you can find a straight SR71b connector then both connectors will work together.  As it is now, you have to put them side by side and one above the other which made portability not very convenient.  If you can find a way to solve this problem, if will be great for many Solo/SR71b/Boomslang owners.  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back