Asking for help from a German Head-fi-er :)
Nov 27, 2005 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jimbobuk

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

A long shot this, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I just won some ebay auctions from someone in Germany.. only at the last minute did i notice that he didn't have paypal listed as his payment options. I can get round this, though it may be a lot more stressfull and take a long time do this internationally.

I'm hoping he will be able to do paypal, but if not I was wondering if a german headfi-er could help me out by being my 3rd party and letting me transfer via paypal to them so they can then go on and pay online with a german to german bank transfer.

It would be a big leap for me so i would only be interested in those long term headfi-ers with plenty of postive feedback to vouch for them.

Thanks for your time, please post in here or PM me if you'd be interested in helping me out.

Cheers

Jim

Nov 27, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 6
Sure, once you know please let me know and I help you out.

EDIT:
Quote:

It would be a big leap for me so i would only be interested in those long term headfi-ers with plenty of postive feedback to vouch for them.

Lol, sorry - kind of read over this part....

Best regards,
Marcus

Nov 27, 2005 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 6
Can your bank send money via IBAN - BIC? All major German / UK banks should accept IBAN - BIC bank transfer at no fees and it only takes 4-7 days for the money to arrive. I have handled several transactions with UK sellers and buyers via direct bank transfer from my German account.

In case paypal is the only option for you, feel free to (check my feedback and) pm me if you still need help.

Nov 27, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 6
thanks saint.panda..

I've just phoned up my bank and made enquiries.

It IS possible to pay via IBAN i think.. definitely in fact.. will take about 6 days to clear tho... and they charge £21 or a bit less for another service that cannot be done over the telephone.

I may go the direct payment route as for a german to german transaction i'm guessing its not THAT much quicker.. i know in the UK there are delays if your not sending to someone in the same bank (where as its immediate if you are) .. The only benefit if it was significantly quicker to do german to german transfer after paypal would be that it would be quick to send a dummy payment of 10 EUROS to make sure that the details are all ok before sending the full amount.

I'm paranoid but i accidently got the wrong details of someone once when doing a bank transfer of small money.. the bank allowed me to recover but its always made me nervous and so when direct money transfering now i do like to send a dummy payment first to be sure it arrives safely at the seller.

I don't know if you have the same time differences between banks in germany but this guys bank name is

Name of Bank: Degussa GmbH (see also www.degussa-bank.de)

is this the same as yours saint.panda? or doesn't different bank names matter too much in Germany?

Nov 27, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #5 of 6
needless to say your feedback is EXCELLENT
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll PM you in a sec

Nov 27, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 6
Edit: Just received your pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back