Asking about a friend's friend (relationship-related)...how to play my cards now?
May 25, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #16 of 31
Okay, now I think I screwed the pooch (not literally, don't call PETA!).

[This is all that remains of the post. The FBI confiscated the rest.]

May 25, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #20 of 31

Quote:
OOH! I'm in the EXACT (save for age) situation. Unless you've talked to her a lot, it might be a bit creepy (she might think you're stalking her friend or something). My friend ended up being protective because she didn't want me hurting her friend--I have no idea where she got the idea that I would--and finally caved after 4 months of sucking up to the friend, probably not an ideal situation for you...

You could just say that you would just like to know some of her friends (multiple friends, to make your friend think it was just a coincidence you asked about a specific friend) over the summer and see how that goes. Alternatively, you could, instead of saying her personality intriguing, which your friend probably thinks is bs if you have to ask whether she's single or not, therefore, she would think you've never talked to her, say you were just messing around when you started asking questions and ask if while you're talking about her, get to know her friend and perhaps you and her friend would have more in common than your friend thought. You could also guilt trip your friend by saying, "Can't I just get to know some of your friends without being questioned about my intentions?" and say the asking her relationship status was just to weird your friend out and not meant to mean anything. Don't completely trust me though. I've been wrong MANY times before in relationships stuff. And I won't be able to reply back until after 3 PM...

May 25, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #21 of 31

what if your friend is jealous? sometimes girls are jealous in a sense that they like you as a friend but don't want another girl to have you.
sometimes it is complicated to go directly to your friend's as she doesn't know you she might freak out. what you would do normally is try to go out or get in touch with her when she is with your friend.
Quite strange for someone your age, in US who can't be with a boy alone...

May 25, 2010 at 8:24 AM Post #22 of 31
Stop thinking is the best advice I can give you. It'll only get in the way. :wink:

Meet up with the girl and be like this is just what you do and no big deal. You like someone; you let them know and see what happens. It's your style.

Just be confident with it and don't be apologetic or act awkward. You don't even know if you'll like her yet so don't build it up into anything big in your mind.

Good luck! :)

May 25, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #23 of 31
Yeah man by all means call the girl and just be cool, be yourself and tell her you saw her page and just wanted to meet her. Her mom and your friend are probably just trying to protect the girl. There are a lot of jagoffs out there. Call her...let us know how it went.

May 25, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #28 of 31
I'll have to say that I hope you got the real lesson here: Never ask out/inquire about a girl relationship wise via text messages ESPECIALLY if you haven't met her. If you never met the girl you should have gotten your friend to introduce you to her. It always seem weird to the girl asking them out when you aren't face to face (or at least talking over the phone).

I realize it might have been hard to set up, but all it does is give off a creeper vibe otherwise.

May 26, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #29 of 31
BS...I have met MANY women by just tossing anonymous notes; which is the equivalent of messaging on facebook. Quit bein a baby and man up. Go for your quarry...DO IT DO IT DO IT!!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back