Ask you for advice on some portable headphones
Apr 7, 2014 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Tetsuro P12

New Head-Fier
I must choose mine next pair of portable headphones since I lost the previous ones so I'm asking you for advice. What I favor the most is 'detail', an 'open and large soundstage' (yes I know it's difficult to get on portable headphones, I just want to find the best for the category) and sound must not be muffled since I like clear sound. Would like a pair that do not sacrifices any frequencies, do not like bass that cuts on mids or a boomy bass. Must be foldable.

I have found these: beyerdynamic DTX 501, AKG 430/451, Sony ZX600, ATH-WS55, Sennheiser HD 229/218. Please help me to find the ones that will make me happy.
ksc75smile.gif

Thank you for your support.

P.S.: I'm currently using a pair of AKG 430 and I must admit that I'm not very happy about them. They aren't bad but soundstage is small and aren't much clear. Can't understand the 5 stars on What Hi-Fi.

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #3 of 8
Over-the-ear headphones are out of my range, I'm searching for on-ear headphones because need portability.

The UE 4000 would be the option but heard that they give out a muffled sound.

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #5 of 8
They are available, but I heard about a weak midrange performance 'Other genres - particularly anything with a lot of mid-range guitar, violin and vocal lines - highlight a weakness in the mid-range, where there's slight muddiness and a lack of definition'. Every review I read highlight midrange weakness. Is it really superior to the other headphones posted above? (particularly compared to the beyerdynamic DTX 501 and Sony ZX600, I've read unanimous appreciations on these two).

Apr 9, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #6 of 8
No other feedbacks? I know I could be seen as very picky. It's because I am.
tongue_smile.gif

I do listen most '70s/80s' (Disco/SynthPop/NewWave, etc.) and 'Rock' (Classic/Blues/Psychedelic/Progressive, etc.). I'm a bit lost since a cannot ever find what I search for. Even AKG 540 do not please me.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back