[ASK] Problem with my Roth Audioblob2 - Hissing/Humming Sound
Mar 16, 2010 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

drapoel

New Head-Fier
Halo all..

I am a newcomer here..

I have problem with my computer speaker Roth audioblob2, i just bought it in Australia. The problem is i just noticed the hissing or humming sound on it (both satellites and subwoofer).

The humming/hissing sound is not quite noticeable except your ear gets close to the satellite/subwoofer (the music is off or in small volume).

The things that i have done to analyze this problem are:
1. I unplugged my interconnect cable, but the humming/hissing sound keeps sounding (no changes at all). So i assume the humming is coming from electrical power/amplifier inside the subwoofer.
confused_face(1).gif

2. I have given grounding cable (attach the grounding cable on one of the rear bolts and connect it to nail on the wall), but the disturbing sound never stops.
confused_face_2.gif

3. I have tested the satellites on my CD player, and the result is.. The sound is just clean, no humming/hissing on my satellites. But unfortunately, i have not tested along with the subwoofer, because i don't have any stock of RCA-to-RCA cable.

4. I just connected the speaker power cord to the UPS/stabilizer (to make the electrical signal more stable), but the humming keeps going!
confused_face_2.gif

Could you help me how to solve this problem? I know this is just minor problem (because if you turn up the music volume louder, that disturbing sound can not be heard. But if your ear is very close to the speaker while the music is off, you can hear that humming/hissing sound).

Please help me guys.. Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back