[ASk] Good CMOY design for starter
Aug 24, 2011 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

firgoe

100+ Head-Fier
I have never done any DIY project before. But I am knowledgeable in electrical stuff, putting stuff together won't be a problem for me. So I am decided to do a simple DIY project for beginning. I think CMOY would be a good one to start. But I need a good CMOY design. I have found several sources like tangentsoft, but I am not sure whether they are making a good amp. Can anyone recommends me some CMOY design that is able to compete with at least some cheap commercial portable amps. Thanks

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
I have never done any DIY project before. But I am knowledgeable in electrical stuff, putting stuff together won't be a problem for me. So I am decided to do a simple DIY project for beginning. I think CMOY would be a good one to start. But I need a good CMOY design. I have found several sources like tangentsoft, but I am not sure whether they are making a good amp. Can anyone recommends me some CMOY design that is able to compete with at least some cheap commercial portable amps. Thanks

jds labs ones are apparently good.

Aug 24, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #5 of 7
maybe have a look around in diyaudio forums. there might be somethg there.

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #6 of 7
I built both the jds labs bb amp and the tangentsoft amp. my impressions of the jds amp is that it is the best sounding of the two. he gives step by step instructions that a kid could follow. i found the tangentsoft amp to be much more complicated and it ended up not sounding as good. the jds features a bass boost switch that can be modded into an adjustable pot. it is a lot quieter than the tangentsoft and it would be the one i would suggest. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back