[ask] cable to connect my soundcard and headphone
Oct 7, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #16 of 16

Quote:
If you do read the posts in your linked thread, there is mentioned that:

"the drivers on the Onkyo are miles better, no contest! automatic sample rate, exclusive mode KS, no resident apps, rock stable...the complete opposite of the Asus actually
biggrin.gif

it's also got the VLSC in-house tech to improve oversampling...OTOH op-amps are not swappable, there's no HP out I think? and prolly the RMAA measurements don't look as good, but luckily you don't listen to raw sinewaves
wink.gif
" (from user "leeperry")

and

"The Onkyo has an spdif in and supports 7.1 speakers already. The ST has a headphone amp and requires an add-on board for 7.1 output to speakers." (from user "thoppa")

And you seem to understand that your card has no HeadPhone out already :

"yes, i cant plug my headphone to my sc directly, because my SC dont have ampli built in, and dont have Headphone out
my SC have digital output and RCA output only."

So, to repeat the question already made above:

Why did you choose the Onkyo soundcard?

If you have an issue with lack of space in your computer, there are other cards to consider!

You seem to have missed out completely here in your choice, being blinded by technical specs and assumptions that one card can produce better sound than the other, without understanding that this is based on further adding more devices in the signal chain, that you cannot afford?

You have 2 options here:

Get another soundcard, with a HeadPhone out/built-in amplifier.
Or get an external amplifier.
Any other solutions won't give you what you hoped to achieve!
Sorry!

yes, i know i already  make a mistake,hehe
so, that is the reason i made this thread

i decided to buy an external ampli
but still confurinsg bout this

so, thx for labrat, and hope u can help me in my another thread bout this problem

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/516113/recommended-amp-for-ad900

Users who are viewing this thread

Back