[Ask] Best Recommended Burn-In CD
Apr 25, 2010 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

iPhone4G

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, Just wondering what is the best recommended burn-in CD/album/song..? I want to Burn-In My JH 16 Pro and Ultrasone Edition 8 Paladium use it with iPod Nano 5G and RSA Protector(Balance Mode) with Elite TWag LOD.. If I have to pay to purchase it, its fine, I got around 250$ for these burn in thing..

Anybody can recommend it for me..?

Thanks
L3000.gif
L3000.gif

Any help will be appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 20
what cds do you listen to the most?

use those... maybe throw in some pink noise and white noise as well (plenty of software options for noise generation (many of which will also do tone sweeps)... you can also use a detuned radio for white noise)

Apr 25, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #3 of 20
Make a mix cd with all different genres and keep the volume below 75% (unless your listening to them). You may need to allow up to 100 hours for them to reach their full potential.

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #6 of 20
I have a prototype CD I made for burn in and demag purposes. PM me if interested.

Apr 26, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #8 of 20
which one is best..? brown noise(or some call it red noise), white noise, grey noise or pink noise..? which one is best, and will not break the IEM..?

what is the different between white, grey, pink and brown..?

Apr 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #9 of 20
Brown noise
Has a spectral frequency of 1/f2, which means, in layman’s terms, that the noise has much more low‑frequency content. Its sounds are thunder‑ and waterfall‑like. Brown noise is so called "Brown" because, when viewed, the wave follows a Brownian motion curve. That is, the next sample in the waveform is equal to the previous sample, plus a small random amount. When viewed as a graph, this waveform looks like a mountain range.

Pink noise
Has a spectral frequency of 1/f and is found mostly in nature. It is the most natural sounding of the noises. By equalizing the sounds, you can generate rainfall, waterfalls, wind, rushing river, and other natural sounds. Pink noise is exactly between brown and white noise (hence, some people used to call it tan noise). It is neither random nor predictable; it is fractal‑like when viewed in a graph. When zoomed in, the pattern looks identical to when zoomed out, except at a lower amplitude.

White noise
Has a spectral frequency of 1, meaning that equal proportions of all frequencies are present. Because the human ear is more susceptible to high frequencies, white noise sounds very hissy.

Which one is better...up to you. I know what I use.
wink.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brown noise
Has a spectral frequency of 1/f2, which means, in layman’s terms, that the noise has much more low‑frequency content. Its sounds are thunder‑ and waterfall‑like. Brown noise is so called "Brown" because, when viewed, the wave follows a Brownian motion curve. That is, the next sample in the waveform is equal to the previous sample, plus a small random amount. When viewed as a graph, this waveform looks like a mountain range.

Pink noise
Has a spectral frequency of 1/f and is found mostly in nature. It is the most natural sounding of the noises. By equalizing the sounds, you can generate rainfall, waterfalls, wind, rushing river, and other natural sounds. Pink noise is exactly between brown and white noise (hence, some people used to call it tan noise). It is neither random nor predictable; it is fractal‑like when viewed in a graph. When zoomed in, the pattern looks identical to when zoomed out, except at a lower amplitude.

White noise
Has a spectral frequency of 1, meaning that equal proportions of all frequencies are present. Because the human ear is more susceptible to high frequencies, white noise sounds very hissy.

Which one is better...up to you. I know what I use.
wink.gif

Thanks, Okay I decided to use white noise.. where can I download "A High quality record of White noise..?"

And how much volume that i need...? (percentage)

Can I Burn-In my headphone, while my iPod Nano 5G/iPod Touch 3G/iPhone 3GS in charging mode..? Will it damage my battery..? Cause im afraid, nano will turn off if I let them play too many..

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhone4G /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, Okay I decided to use white noise.. where can I download "A High quality record of White noise..?"

The white noise track (#56) from the Bink Audio Test CD maybe?

Apr 27, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The white noise track (#56) from the Bink Audio Test CD maybe?

FWIW, that is a good test CD.

Apr 27, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #14 of 20
hmm, yeah, maybe i will get them.. is it safe if I use all of the track of bink test cd to burn in..? will my iem get damage if I use those cd for burn in..?

what is the recommended volume level for burn in..?

and can I burn in my iem while my source is in charging mode..? will it damage my battery source?

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #15 of 20
Yes.
No.
75% volume is usually safe.
Yes.
No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back