ASIO using Juli@ with Foobar in Vista x64?
Aug 10, 2008 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

th0m

100+ Head-Fier
Anybody using this setup and got it to work? DirectSound works perfectly, but with ASIO, everything is just dead quiet. I can see the file playing, but it's like there's no output signal (I'm using spdif). It worked as it should when I was using XP.

Aug 10, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #2 of 7
I found out myself. Apparently, you can't use the 64-bit ASIO driver with a 32-bit application (like Foobar).

Aug 10, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdgserv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats a no go...Try the new WASAPI for Foobar

I just did. Can't get it to play files with higher samplerate than 44.1khz though. All I get is this error message: Unrecoverable playback error: Could not open device (8889000F)
frown.gif

Hopefully Foobar will be available in a 64-bit version eventually.

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 7
It seems it's not Foobar that's the problem. I can't seem to get a higher samplerate to play even in Windows. I guess it's something with the Juli@ drivers then.

Aug 10, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #6 of 7
Hrmpf... I got ASIO to work with foobar now using the analog outputs on the Juli@, but not when using S/PDIF, so now, I can play higher samplerates, but I can't use my DAC
frown.gif

Anyone else who has experienced the same?

I'm gonna start throwing things around the room very soon.

Aug 11, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #7 of 7
I dont own that card, but I do have Vista 64 and a Prelude.

I use WASAPI in Foobar.

You will need to set Vista's sound properties to match your source file encoding (i.e. 2 channel, 24bit, 96kHz).

You may need to also set your sound card properties for the SPDIF out to match 2 channel, 24bit, 96kHz. Prelude's have Audio Creation mode with bit perfect playback as an option, plus you have to set digital out settings to 24bit, 96kHz I believe (I use analog currently until I get a DAC and/or an amp).

And finally, you will need to set Foobar's preferences to 24bit and WASAPI output.

Make sure your DAC supports the bit depth, rate, etc.

Of course, make sure you have the latest OS patches, sound card driver, WASAPI plugin version, Foobar version, etc. (this is obvious to most though, but thought I would mention just in case)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back