asio problems
Jun 1, 2010 at 12:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Ozer

100+ Head-Fier
I've a problem with my native Asio.... I've had some problems with native Asio before, I couldn't find a way to fix it back then, so I used Asio4all instead... But last day I wanted to test native Asio again and see if I could fix the problems... But now I have a more serious problem... I don't get any sound. I can see that it works as it should, and I can see that the program sends out the sound, but I can't hear it...

I use J.River Jukebox... but I have the same problem with others too ( like Media Monkey). I use optical out to a Dacmagic... I have a Auzentech Prelude soundcard...

Please can someone help me ?

Jun 2, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #3 of 9
Do you have an asio control panel that shows the in-/outputs? Does it say that something is already in use by another application?

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
Do you have an asio control panel that shows the in-/outputs? Does it say that something is already in use by another application?

No.... But I'm not using another audio program at the same time, if that's what you're meaning...

I only have an Asio volume control... and I can see the audio going out from left and right channel through asio... And when I play music, those meters are moving, and looking normal... But no sound to my headphones....

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #5 of 9
Now I've reinstalled the soundcard drivers... But I still have the same problem....

Jun 2, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #8 of 9
Suddenly I've got a more serious problem... Now when I click on the Auzentech audio console, I get an error that the application can't find the device... It works good (except with native Asio), but I can't change anything and I can't use the Asio...
confused_face(1).gif
  This soundcard sucks.... Couldn't there be a cheap soundcard that only had digital out and good drivers with asio.... That's all I need... Soundcards are so expensive... and I don't think there's many that have good drivers....

Jun 5, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #9 of 9
Did you make sure the play button is selecting your prelude and not integrated sound card in the ASIO4ALL control panel (an icon shows up in bottom right when you are playing something with a media player using asio4all as output)?

If that doesn't work, try taking out the sound card and reinserting it, it may be having bad contact or been knocked loose if you didn't use the pci screw.

Also, have you tried usb input on dacmagic? Asio4all can do asio over usb too, might possibly be better sound quality than optical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back