asio problems
Nov 23, 2006 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

laxx

Headphoneus Supremus
hey guys, i didn't have this problem before and it just started today.

i run asio through winamp to my corda aria and it used to be great. today, i come home from work and turn the amp on and this problem just started.

i get sound through the amp in windows normally, but when i try to play music from winamp, it goes to my speakers (through audigy 2). when i open a video through bsplayer, sounds comes out of my headphones (aria).

before i turn on winamp, asio4all looks like this.
1cu8.jpg

after i start playing a song, it looks like this.
2xy0.jpg

my winamp asio settings are.
3vm9.jpg

i temporarily fixed this by manually disabling my audigy, but i'd like it to work the way it did before, but i don't know what it is exactly that changed to make it not work now...

any help would be appreciated.

Nov 23, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #3 of 9
i am using the asio plugin.

if i don't use asio4all, i don't have a device to output to with the asio plugin. i use the dac on the corda aria, so i use asio4all as the device and then disable the audigy in the asio4all settings. i don't get why it stopped working out of the blue, but i hope it fixes itself soon.

Nov 23, 2006 at 9:01 AM Post #4 of 9
tongue.gif
I'm sorry to interrupt your thread, but I just burst out laughing when I saw Bush's picture on that button ... what's up with that?

Nov 23, 2006 at 9:16 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Triskozko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif
I'm sorry to interrupt your thread, but I just burst out laughing when I saw Bush's picture on that button ... what's up with that?

For simple settings there is a button with a picture of Bush and for advanced settings there's a picture of Einstein.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2006 at 9:23 AM Post #6 of 9
I'm just not used to seeing political jokes in software... that's hilarious.
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2006 at 9:43 AM Post #7 of 9
Doesn't the BSPlayer select output device by the system defaults (or can you set the device in player output settings). If this is the issue, just set the preferred playback device and tag the "use preferred devices only" option.

Aren't the Winamp output device selected in Asio4All panel? If not then I guess you need to change the device order somehow (or disable the Audigy from that list).

jiitee

Nov 23, 2006 at 9:48 AM Post #8 of 9
how do yo set up a preferred soundcard. for now, when i turn the aria on, it sets my default to usb audio. everything comes out of the aria except for winamp which is through asio. but in asio4all, i have usb audio enabled and audigy disabled, that's why i have no clue why it's not working. no matter what configuration i set on asio4all, it comes out of my audigy. =T

Nov 23, 2006 at 10:47 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do yo set up a preferred soundcard. for now, when i turn the aria on, it sets my default to usb audio. everything comes out of the aria except for winamp which is through asio. but in asio4all, i have usb audio enabled and audigy disabled, that's why i have no clue why it's not working. no matter what configuration i set on asio4all, it comes out of my audigy. =T

Copy below text into start --> run .. prompt and hit OK.

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,1

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back