ASIO Not Working in Foobar
Jun 12, 2010 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Skye

Head-Fier
I've used ASIO with Foobar for probably two years now. Out of the blue, it stopped working. The song plays maybe a quarter of a second and the visualizations begin, then it freezes with the visualizations stuck at that sound.

Yes, my output is ASIO.

Yes, the channels are mapped.

Yes, I have something to receive the ASIO sound.

Yes, music plays with my primary sound driver.

Yes, I've tried different pieces of music.

Yes, I've updated Foobar to the most recent stable version.

What am I missing?

Jun 13, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 4
 Sounds like you have more troubleshooting to do unfortunately. Have you tried turning off the visualization? Have you bypassed the Emu? Maybe something in the chain has failed, and the only way to find it is by eliminationg one thing at a teim, which will be a long painful process but possibly the only way to find the problem.
 Also, what OS, 32 or 64 bit, etc. ? Maybe a recent Windows update (any some other OS update) has broken your sound.

Jul 6, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 4
I figured it out! I had set my sound card to external clock since I was having clock issues when working in Pro Tools. Now if I set my sound card's clock to internal when listening to music and external when mixing, Foobar with Asio and Pro Tools are both happy. :)

Jul 7, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #4 of 4
Glad to hear you found the problem and have your music playing for you. At least now you get to enjoy listening to some music for your effort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back