ASIO For Media Player Classic?
Sep 8, 2006 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Corrupt^

100+ Head-Fier
I use media player classic because the sound and video is often better then with Windows Media Player. But since I use foobar I'm wondering if I can use ASIO with Media Player Classic.

If so, where do I get the plug-ins
tongue.gif

Sep 8, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #3 of 16
I don't think it's possible.

well, you could demux the audio from your dvd's or .avi's and play it in foobar while you play the video in MPC - but that's not exactly practical
rs1smile.gif

Sep 8, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenleaf
I don't think it's possible.

well, you could demux the audio from your dvd's or .avi's and play it in foobar while you play the video in MPC - but that's not exactly practical
rs1smile.gif

Indeed...

Sep 8, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #5 of 16
Hmmm... if you play videos from external sources which have separate audio output, then it's possible to have ASIO drivers for audio --> just stream the audio part through, lets say, Hermann Sieb's VSTHost or TobyBear's MiniHost (both are ASIO hosts and freeware).
A commercial software suitable for this is energyXT Standalone and maybe you could do all this w/ Foobar + some input plugin too?.

I don't know the X-Fi software, but I suppose you can set the input source to your CD/DVD drive (this is possible w/ Audigy 2) --> set the input port in mixer and software through this port. You need also mute the "Wave" source (or volume in Media Player) to avoid signals being mixed (signals from Host and WMP).

jiitee

EDIT:

Here is an example --> data from CD digital through VSTHost (ASIO).

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/7...tfromcddp9.jpg

May 2, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #6 of 16
Yeah, I'm bringing this back from the dead.

Any word? Google searches yield nothing.

There's an AC3 decoder plugin for foobar now, and it can read the ac3 data from a mkv.

Is there a way to sync MPC and foobar in a way that yields ASIO output on the audio??

May 2, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #7 of 16
The ONLY way to get bit perfect output in MPC is to set ReClock as audiorenderer. ReClock uses Kernel Streaming/WASAPI interfaces. BTW, this pair MPC+R provides best sound i've ever heard from PC. So i prefer to use it for music and movies (except bitstreaming in movies).

May 2, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #8 of 16
x2 with ReClock, it is great! =D

May 20, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #9 of 16

Quote:
The ONLY way to get bit perfect output in MPC is to set ReClock as audiorenderer. ReClock uses Kernel Streaming/WASAPI interfaces. BTW, this pair MPC+R provides best sound i've ever heard from PC. So i prefer to use it for music and movies (except bitstreaming in movies).

It's too bad that Reclock doesn't work with Windows 7. Is there any other way to get bit perfect audio through MPC-HC?

May 20, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:
It's too bad that Reclock doesn't work with Windows 7. Is there any other way to get bit perfect audio through MPC-HC?

I'm running Reclock in Win7 right now... So...

May 20, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #12 of 16

Quote:
@fenix: Try this reclock version http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

That did it. Thanks! Wasapi support for bit perfect playback. I was using an outdated version before. This makes my movies so much better now.

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #15 of 16
Correct. Use the 32 bit MPC and components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back