Asgard, Valhalla, or Lyr?
Nov 29, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #35 of 37
Quote:
DIY amp!!!! wow I guess I would get crazy If I do it myself.... Do you have experience with similar hardware?¡?

I used to muck around with electronic kit sets as a young boy, but I haven't soldered in 10+ years. I am told it's very step by step and hard to break, plus apparently it sounds amazing (Though I am prepared to take that with a grain of salt).

I'm looking forward to a project of this nature as a one off over xmas. 

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #36 of 37
Well finally I got my black friday HD 650 deal.... I spent all weekend pairing them with my Valhalla. And here are my results:

After 20 burn in hours the cans started to sound fine, and Valhalla was really powerfull and gave me a very warm and rounded sound.

I used amperex orange globe, telefunken´s and Teslta´s tubes.... I found Teslas tubes the best pair for the hd650. And here is where I´m so thankful with my Valhalla, because gives the chance to roll tubes and experiment to find the best sound for you...

I also have the  k-702´s and they sound really good but they seem to be well handdled using the amperex tubes.

´Valhalla is a great tube amp!  I am happy with it and would recomend it 100%!

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

I used to muck around with electronic kit sets as a young boy, but I haven't soldered in 10+ years. I am told it's very step by step and hard to break, plus apparently it sounds amazing (Though I am prepared to take that with a grain of salt).

I'm looking forward to a project of this nature as a one off over xmas. 

how did you go with your bottlehead project? As I´m a banker and have never did any soldering, I have decedided to take a saturday analog electronics course,I have always been an electronics addict and I´m plannig to take a bigger step in the subject  LOL. ... and after that will start to plan some DIY projects.

What other DIY amps, dac, etc... products are available? do you know other companies that offer DIY products?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back