As you may have noticed, we have a new homepage.
Dec 21, 2006 at 7:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26
As you may have noticed, we've got a new homepage. This was something that was seriously needed (for a long time), and this new setup will make it a lot easier to update the homepage. Also, clicking on the Head-Fi logo will now take you to the new homepage.

A sincere thanks to one of my co-workers, Allan, for his ongoing work on Head-Fi. Allan and I will be making more site changes/improvements that you'll notice, piece by piece, over time.

If you hadn't been visiting the homepage regularly in the past (given its rather limited utility until now), start using this new one, as, from now on, we'll be regularly updating it with announcements, industry observations, Sponsor specials, and more.

Note to our Sponsors: I'm working on reestablishing your logo presence on this new homepage. I hope to have that completed very soon. Thank you for your patience, and for the support of your Sponsorship.

Dec 21, 2006 at 7:55 AM Post #2 of 26
Looks good Jude! Very nice.

You may allready be aware of this, but there is a problem with logging in. Using the normal log in (on either the homepage or /forums/), it'd say "Thank you for logging in, digitalmind", and then logged me back out again. To log in I have to hit reply to this thread, and log in there. Also, I don't stay logged in if I close and reopen Head-Fi.

Rik

Dec 21, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks good Jude! Very nice.

You may allready be aware of this, but there is a problem with logging in. Using the normal log in (on either the homepage or /forums/), it'd say "Thank you for logging in, digitalmind", and then logged me back out again. To log in I have to hit reply to this thread, and log in there. Also, I don't stay logged in if I close and reopen Head-Fi.

Rik

Ah, okay, try the following steps (from the forums):
  1. Login to the forums.
  2. Once successfully logged in, log out.
  3. Clear all your Head-Fi-related cookies.
  4. Login again.
This should fix you up. You might need to login again to the new homepage, specifically. However, once you do that once (after the above), you should be fine there, too.

Dec 21, 2006 at 8:00 AM Post #4 of 26
I'm so excited!, I'm about to lose control and I just cant hide it! too too ta dut too
icon10.gif

Dec 21, 2006 at 8:07 AM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, okay, try the following steps (from the forums):
  1. Login to the forums.
  2. Once successfully logged in, log out.
  3. Clear all your Head-Fi-related cookies.
  4. Login again.
This should fix you up. You might need to login again to the new homepage, specifically. However, once you do that once (after the above), you should be fine there, too.

That did the trick. I actually did try clearing my cookies earlier but without logging out first. That shouldn't make a difference since the cookies are cleared anyways, but it works now. After doing your trick it still didn't log me in (on the forums page), but when I went to the new homepage I was logged in when I got there, and was still logged in when I went back to the main forums page.

Thanks,
Rik

Edit:
The forum still isn't remembering me unless I enter it through the new homepage. I have my bookmark to /forums though, but it's not a big deal.

Dec 21, 2006 at 11:38 AM Post #7 of 26
Nice one jude, keep up the good work
eggosmile.gif

Dec 21, 2006 at 11:58 AM Post #8 of 26
Oh man I love it. On the homepage there's a section that names the "Top Poster" - it's like a huge bullseye on Jahn!! (Not that I think anyone will be able to take him down!!)
biggrin.gif

Nice work, looks great.

Best,

-Jason

Dec 21, 2006 at 12:10 PM Post #9 of 26
DD loves portals! Certainly better than how it was before
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #11 of 26
i can only log in with IE and not firefox. With firefox i get:

Quote:

In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist.

Dec 21, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
We need a link to the Forums. (The link at the bottom leads back to this home page...)
Thanks!

forum_link.jpg

edit, that's the home page if it's hard to tell.

Dec 21, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #13 of 26
It took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to get to the forums with this new layout, which IMO is the main point of head-fi, at least at the moment.

Personally, I don't care for forum portals, it just takes more steps to browse the forums... Bias aside, I think the forums themselves should be much more prevalent and easy to access than a list of recent posts.

Dec 21, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by adfinni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can only log in with IE and not firefox. With firefox i get:

There seems to be a difference now between headfi.org and head-fi.org. If I got to head-fi.org it works with Firefox.

EDIT: actually, I needed to use www.head-fi.org. I have not tried the suggested steps for clearing cookies.

Dec 21, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #15 of 26
my workplace is evil. i thought, once again, that i could not get on with the new stuff on head-fi. login bounces me out, until i figured out a workaround - i can view as a guest, and when i try to post, it brings up an alternate page where i have to log in in order to post. and THAT page i can enter my login stuff and get in, muahahah!

of course that means i have to post each time i want to log in. i don't perceive that as being a problem
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back