As if you needed it, another se530 vs UE TF10 review, (my first)
Mar 20, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #16 of 44
I have both and I love them both...just kinda depends I guess. For classical and more analytical listening I use the Triple.fi's. For rock and anything with pumping beats I use the Shure's. This is also nice because my ears are big and the Shure's fit flush in my ears. As in the entire gold part fits within the bowl of my ear. Practically invisible and great for running with my iPod because they don't stick out at all. However, when I sit down at my desk I'll probably turn to my Triple.fi's from now on because of their ability to squeeze every last detail out of the music. They don't seem to lose much warmth when compared to the SE530's they just sound a little cleaner. To me it's a lot like the difference between my Shure's and my iPod to my Shure's and my laptop with ext. DAC and AMP. Same general sound just a little more articulate and accurate. Plus I got them for $290 from Soundearphones.com when their sale was still running. Always a plus there!!

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #19 of 44
I am thinking of getting one of these two headphones. I like acoustic music, specifically bluegrass. I see that you like the UE triple fi's better, but think that it may depend on the kind of music one listens to. Which do you think would excel with bluegrass?

Thanks!

Ken

My first post on the forum.

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #22 of 44
damn, I just LOVE how SE530 looks, but i think ill be sensate and go for triple.fis
img0168ix4.jpg

May 6, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #24 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey OP, did you try them with or withou an AMP? straight from your iphone?

no amp with either,
frown.gif

i used them with my iphone and laptop

May 13, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #25 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no amp with either,
frown.gif

i used them with my iphone and laptop

One could say that the review is somewhat skewered then, because common saying is that because the triple.fi is of low impedance and easy to drive in its nature, then it would trump the E500/SE530, who needs more "juice" and power to shine.

May 13, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #26 of 44
How are the TF10s compared to Futuresonics' Atrio line of IEMs? In terms of bass quality (especially) and quantity?

May 13, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #27 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One could say that the review is somewhat skewered then, because common saying is that because the triple.fi is of low impedance and easy to drive in its nature, then it would trump the E500/SE530, who needs more "juice" and power to shine.

i thought the se530s were the more sensitive, but an amp is sort of a pain anyway in the pocket, and an amp wouldnt change the sound that much i believe

May 13, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #28 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i thought the se530s were the more sensitive, but an amp is sort of a pain anyway in the pocket, and an amp wouldnt change the sound that much i believe

Sensitivity-wise, the TF10 is 117db, while the SE530 is 119db of sensitivity. Impedence-wise, the TF10 is 32ohms, while the SE530 is 36ohms, not that big of a difference.

Jun 6, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #30 of 44
Simply TF 10Pro is amazing.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back