As Earbud Only - PK2/3 or OK2/3
Jul 25, 2008 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

scoper

New Head-Fier
I've heard enough of the difficulties with the OK series as canalphones, which I don't like so much anyway (I have Crossroads X3 and was never that impressed).

I'm looking to upgrade over my Senn MX500 without breaking the bank. With the sales going on at Head-Direct, I figured the Yuin is my best bet.

What's the sweet spot here in terms of bang for buck?

Express yourselves!!!

Scott

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 7
What the heck - I ordered the OK3, and will run them thru their paces when I get them:

Comparisons:
Senn MX500 (current favorite)
Senn PX-100 (lotsa bass - too much)
Crossroads X3 (non descript, drab)
Sony canal buds that came with A818 - really nice and comfy - anyone know the model?
Koss KSC75

Favorite tracks for comparison:
Dire Straits - Your Latest Trick (listen for trumpet presence and synth)
Dire Straits - Money for Nothing (drums and bass impact at start)
Bruce Springsteen - NYC Serenade (piano, acoustic guitar, and chimes)
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run (bass, glock, 1,000 guitars)
Norman Blake and Tony Rice - any guitar instrumental duets

How long does it take from order to delivery (east coast)?

Scott

Jul 26, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #5 of 7
Nice. I ordered the OK3s as well for my little brother. He has a ipod nano and doesn't really want to carry around an amplifier. So I couldn't let him go on using the stock ibuds while i'm around using my pk1s and an amp. I'll definitely check them out though to see how they sound.

Aug 5, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #6 of 7
Have had mine for a week now, and I really love them. They sounded not as full as I wanted, but putting a pair of RatShack foamies on them tightened up the fit and made the sound fuller.

Great soundstage, high end detail, and presence.

I've been experimenting with the various rubber donuts (NOT the in-ear olives) along with the foam covers for best fit. The full rubber piece that covers the drivers does seem to impede some of the high end a bit.

More of a report after another listening period, but for now, I'd say they're a clear (but not massive) upgrade from the Senn mx500, and no other earbud I've heard comes close.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back