Arya Organic vs LCD-X - DT 1990 Pro Upgrade Options (~£1000)
Jan 15, 2024 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Zowlyfon

Head-Fier
Hi,

I've had the DT 1990 Pro's for 6 years now and I absolutely love them, however I've got the itch and feel it's time for a new pair of headphones.

I'm using them with a Topping DX3 Pro.

I'm happy to EQ headphones, I'm currently using the Oratory 1990 EQ settings with the DT 1990 Pro which helps a lot with the treble peak.

I love the speed of the DT 1990 Pro, especially how tight and controlled the bass is. I also really like how I can feel the music through them if that makes sense, with a good recording there is a specific sensation when a guitar string is plucked that tickles my ears. I love hearing a lot of details in tracks as well as a good bass extension and impact.

I mainly listen to rock, electronica, metal and funk, with a bit of everything else. Recently I've been listening to artists such as Depeche Mode, And One, Metallica, Battle Tapes, Arctic Monkeys and Stevie Wonder.

I've been scouring the internet and it seems the best options in my budget are the LCD-X which are about £1000 with the creator package and the Arya Organic which are about £1100.

I was wondering what comparisons between the two people have and if I have missed anything?

Thanks for reading, any advice is greatly appreciated!

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 5
I didn't like the LCD-X very much. Arya would be my choice, but everyone is different. I'd read reviews of both and see if one matches your music preference. The Ananda Nano is pretty great also, not as good as the Arya, but cheaper if that's your thing. Just about everyone has a headphone in your price range. Focal has the Clear/Celestee/Radiance, and Hifiman has several options. Beyerdynamic has the T1, T5, Amiron. Sennheiser has a few options, especially if you go used. Lots of choices. Find what matches your music preference and get it.

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #3 of 5
I think I'm set on getting planars, I've had a few in the past and really liked them.

While I'm not a basshead I do like a good bass feeling with impact on tracks which have that. There aren't a lot of direct comparisons between the LCD-X and the new Arya Organic, reviewers say that the LCD-X had a better bass region than the Arya Stealth but also say the Organic has an improved bass.

Jan 23, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #4 of 5
Hey.

I own both of the following headphones:

For the music you like to listen to, the Focal Clear OG is a very nice, detailed and punchy headphone. I really like it and can recommend it. It does not have a large soungstage though.

The Audeze LCD 2 is very nice too, with a deep planar bass and a more relaxed but detailed presentation.

Greetings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back