Artists on Head-fi?
Dec 6, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #17 of 20
hmm not bad not bad. I was looking into one they have on B&H they look to be good.

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #18 of 20
if you're just starting out I'd suggest grabbing something like a bamboo first, just see how much use you'll actually get out of it.

The Intuos is lovely no doubt about it, but the bamboo has everything you need to get you up and running and won't break the bank if ends up collecting dust like so many tablets do...the level of sensitivity is more than acceptable, Honestly even an old Grapphire4 would be a great place to start if you can find one(theres absolutely no reason not to buy second hand tablets), although the pen with that model is kind if crappy. Also bigger isn't always better, i have an a5 grapphire, a bamboo and an a3 Intuos and tbh I'd say the bamboo gets the most use out of the lot its super portable and if I'm on the move i can just throw it in my laptop bag and not really worry about it.

this is just my 2 cent

alternatively you can go mental and drop $1500 on a cintiq :)

I would however suggest that if your going to buy a tablet regardless of the model buy Wacom, it may seem like there prices are way out of line with everything else on the market but really they just produce a far superior product imo.

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #19 of 20
alright^ thanks for your input, I dont know much about tablets so this really helped me.

Dec 6, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #20 of 20
I picked up an Wacom Intuos4 a couple of months back at the start of the semester. Haven't had a chance to play with it much so far, but really enjoyed the first few minutes I did have to play with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back