Artists? Help with Japanese Kanji
Sep 5, 2008 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

luvdunhill

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi!

I'd like to put the characters 中盤 on a amplifier project I'm working on. Unfortunately, they need to be in HPGL and if at all possible, I'd like a somewhat artistic interpretation. Would anyone be able to give me a hand with this?

Thanks!

Sep 6, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #3 of 23
Can't help you since I don't know japanese. But... what that chinese characters mean?

I saw three guys have chinese character tatoo on them while I was walking with my chinese friend, and he said... the first guys tatoo interpret like "I'm idot", the second guys is "honda rules", the third... its jibberish.

I hope the characters you choose have good meaning.

Sep 6, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #5 of 23
The meaning is "middle game". It's a term used in a lot of the asian board games, but particularly Go, which is my other hobby. Appropriately enough, I'd like to badge a preamplifier I'm working on with this moniker. Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck at this, and could really use some help!

Sep 6, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Planar_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, you want a paintbrushy looking logo for the case?

yeah, that would be very cool! Can you export to HPGL at all? I know Corel Draw can do this, but alas I don't own it anymore.

Sep 7, 2008 at 6:55 AM Post #8 of 23
For the HPGL, you can use pstoedit and convert the file to HPGL.

If you want, I can post a .jpg and you can see want you want to change.

Mind you, I'm not a professional, just a enthusiast.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 7, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

For the HPGL, you can use pstoedit and convert the file to HPGL.

If you want, I can post a .jpg and you can see want you want to change.

Mind you, I'm not a professional, just a enthusiast.
smily_headphones1.gif

wow, thanks for pstoedit looks like it fits the bill perfectly.

Sure, post away or PM me if you wish, I'm sure it will look great
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!

Sep 7, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #12 of 23
wow, that's perfect! The company that will be doing the panels has the following recommendations that might be helpful:

http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/fil...ricks/HPGL.pdf

I'm not familiar with most of the terminology, perhaps you are? As for format, I will ultimately need the .plt (HPGL) file, but if you cannot do that directly, it looks the pstoedit requires postscript as input.

I'll post a drawing of the panel once I get the .plt file made and inserted. I am doing a lighted volume insert and am waiting on some feedback from the company that will hopefully arrive on Monday.

Thanks again!

ps. you need some planar phones to go with your moniker
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 8, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #13 of 23
Download the .ps file here

Well, here is the .ps file... But it looks as if your going to have to ask the company to either trace the image for you or to trace it yourself with that program.

The HPGL file is in essence, raw data not unlike HTML (and especially table code). It tells where to move the cutting head in order to produce a cut with a certain size.

That program should write proper HPGL code for the machine they are using, so I think you shoudn't just convert this .ps file to HPGL and be done with it.
The best thing to do would be to put the .ps file into their program and trace it by hand.

You could ask them, but thats what I think.

p.s. I regret every day that I didn't buy that Stax mini-system, or a Fostex or Yamaha. However, that feeling is lessened when I take a swing of my Monsoons.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 8, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Download the .ps file here

Well, here is the .ps file... But it looks as if your going to have to ask the company to either trace the image for you or to trace it yourself with that program.

The HPGL file is in essence, raw data not unlike HTML (and especially table code). It tells where to move the cutting head in order to produce a cut with a certain size.

That program should write proper HPGL code for the machine they are using, so I think you shoudn't just convert this .ps file to HPGL and be done with it.
The best thing to do would be to put the .ps file into their program and trace it by hand.

You could ask them, but thats what I think.

p.s. I regret every day that I didn't buy that Stax mini-system, or a Fostex or Yamaha. However, that feeling is lessened when I take a swing of my Monsoons.
smily_headphones1.gif

looks great. Can I get one more version without the shadows? Just as 2 dimensional / single layer as possible. I think if they cannot work with the first file, this would be a good back up
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back