Artist you're glad you gave a second chance
Sep 4, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #16 of 22
Dream Theater ...
I could've missed a lot of great music (and Dvds) beacuse of labrie's voice ..
shockingly now he is one of my favorites
smily_headphones1.gif

Rush - same story ,basiclly ...

no wonder these two bands are similar
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #18 of 22
A silver mt. zion. I really couldn't get the past the vocals, and it took me multiple attempts to even tolerate them. I should have tried the instrumental albums from early on, but I didn't know they were virtually 100% instrumental, and tried the wrong albums. Anyway, I never persevere with listening to something I don't like that much, but because of their reputation and quality of Godspeed, I had to try and give them a long time of listening. Now they are probably in my top 10 bands overall.

Sep 4, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #19 of 22
The Band. When I first heard them many years ago, they sounded a little too hillbilly for my tastes at the time. A few years later I began to appreciate their uniqueness.

Sep 4, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #20 of 22
How about not an artist but an entire genre of music? I used to believe all the stereotypes about heavy metal and thought that what was on the radio was representative of all heavy metal. It was loud, distorted, ugly and annoying. But after checking out some of the recommendations here it's now my favorite genre of music. How did I live before this?
rolleyes.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #21 of 22
the smiths, have heard their tracks for years and years and year and years... and never really did anything about it, then one day doing the obligatory big album purchase at the end of the month, i grabbed hatfull of hollow, and from there went onto purchase each of their albums.

and now i listen to the quality and humour and social commentary about england in their material and think its spot on and am amazed i havent been a smiths fan before i was.

its not depressing at all, how come everyone thinks that. i think its upbeat!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back