Artemis Cables Mess - Scam?
Aug 22, 2016 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ptolemy2k6

100+ Head-Fier
I know Tim from Artemis cables made bunch of cables for members here, so I am hoping to get some info. Here are the details of what had transpired. Dates are not exact to the date but pretty accurate.  My goal is not to air dirty laundry, but to document it and hopefully help others.

Artemis Cable Mess:

I wanted to share my experience with Tim from Artemis Cables. I am not sure if this is typical of him or the company,  but their treatment of me was appalling.
I bought several things from him (connectors) on his ebay store and then contacted him in private for some cable work. This was back in mid may 2016. I described that I was looking for 6 cables, exactly the type I needed. He agreed. I mentioned that I am still getting parts and will send it out in a few weeks. I sent it out week later and he got it soon after. I send cable + connectors for 6 cables + I paid upfront to show my seriousness. He said that his turn around time is usually few weeks parts permitting, and since I was sending him all the parts, it was no problem.

So far, his replies were around every 1-2 days. After about 10 days after he received parts, I emailed him to ask for an update and he replied few days later that he is still working on it… I emailed him 2 weeks later to see how he was doing. He said they are basically ready and he will ship them asap. This was around 27th of June. I asked him a few days later to provide tracking #. No reply, I emailed him 4-5 times from that until july 25th. No reply. I tried to call him # several times, no one picks up. He finally replied early August claiming a health issue and that they will be shipped ASAP.  On aug 5th he sent me 2 tracking #’s and since then, not only they are not updated, but there  has not been a reply from him.

I started doing some research and seems some people seen him regularly all around last 8 weeks, mostly on facebook, posting random pictures of him being out and about having fun.

Right now, I am not sure what to think but the following questions remain:
1.     Did he even finish or start even on my cables?
2.     Why is he not replying to emails, I gave him around $500 worth of $ and materials…
3.     Is this typical of him and finally, how does one get ahold of him? I just want my cables or everything I sent him back, so I can get them done elsewhere?

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 3
I've purchased a few things from Tim but that was almost 3 years ago now. He was always great for me. Replied within a day or two and was polite enough.

Even took an international return back from me when one connector didn't fit quite right due to some incompatibility across the Hifiman line.

However, I do know he was banned a few times from head-fi. Not sure what for though. I'd categorize this as atypical of him... not sure what your best course of action is tbh.

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 3
  I've purchased a few things from Tim but that was almost 3 years ago now. He was always great for me. Replied within a day or two and was polite enough.

Even took an international return back from me when one connector didn't fit quite right due to some incompatibility across the Hifiman line.

However, I do know he was banned a few times from head-fi. Not sure what for though. I'd categorize this as atypical of him... not sure what your best course of action is tbh.

Who knows, bit still no reply since then. What are my options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back