Arrow 2.2G, mini-to-mini woes
Nov 16, 2010 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

clarinetman

500+ Head-Fier
After much waiting, I finally received my Headstage Arrow today as a much belated birthday gift from my dad (my birthday is in September). Suffice to say, it sounds quite excellent and it improves my SM3 is many ways I didn't conceive.

Unfortunately I have one huge gripe. Mini cable I have doesn't fit at all with my J3, as you'll see below:

I don't mind this SO much, really, but only in the sense that it won't break the jacks easily. The cable still sticks out, and is extremely unwieldy. This also interferes greatly with the headphone plugs:

My other option is this, however, it's more of a non-option because this will undoubtedly break the plugs (as you can see, the tension of the cable was lifting the player off the amp):

In any event, it looks like I'm going to need a new mini-to-mini. I'm not entirely sure which input I want to use--One side has to use a very long cable that stretches diagonally and interferes with the volume control and headphone outs, whereas the other side, even as it aligns with the J3's HO,  may very easily interfere with the EQ settings (plus the words are upside down from this view, not that it totally matters, just a small and possibly slightly irritating detail).... I would appreciate your suggestions on place to get a new cable! ALO is VERY expensive for my small budget, plus fancy cables are snake oil, IMO... I guess I just need something much more low profile. Maybe one of you would allow me to commission one from you? I know Punnisher makes low profile cables, but I'm not sure if he makes them anymore, or even if he makes mini-to-minis...

Please do let me know, and thank you in advance!

~Alex

Nov 16, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 5
you should try a cable with 90 degree plugs, that will probably work out better. As for where you can find them, not sure...you could probably post a want post in the for sale thread.

Nov 16, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 5
Nov 17, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #4 of 5
Joe at SoundGuidance (http://www.soundguidance.elementfx.com/index.php?p=1_2_Sansa-Fuze-LODs-iMod-LODs) has a nice mini-mini.  Also, I've had problems with what looks like the interconnect in your picture.  Another good interconnect is the Cardas, which I believe is available to HeadRoom.

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Joe at SoundGuidance (http://www.soundguidance.elementfx.com/index.php?p=1_2_Sansa-Fuze-LODs-iMod-LODs) has a nice mini-mini.  Also, I've had problems with what looks like the interconnect in your picture.  Another good interconnect is the Cardas, which I believe is available to HeadRoom.

My Norton says there's like 5 threats on the above website. Identity theft, trojan and a few other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back