Around 60 dollar AMP for 250 Ohm headphones
Mar 30, 2014 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

hisagishi

100+ Head-Fier
Basically what the title says, is the Fiio E11 my only choice? I don't need anything portable as I am not going anywhere with it. (taking a pair of DT990s outside doesn't seem like a good idea anyhow, to easy to get mugged for them.)

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 10
How much output impedance is enough for these headphones? (I'm probably going to just grab the E11)

One more thing, would the E11 be suitable as a desktop amp? I saw someone say you can't charge it and listen at the same time, does it have a bypass or something that would just allow me to use it all the time and not care if the battery is at full or not?

Uh that was a bit of a bad explanation, would it for instance have to charge up then listen until dead then have to charge up again when plugged in all the time?

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 10
The E11 would work great with the DT990s.

I have no idea if you can charge and use it at the same time.

I don't know of any inexpensive desktop headphone amplifiers. If you could afford it, the Schiit Magni is regarded as excellent and worth the difference in price.

Mar 30, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 10
Just did some research and it seems that you can't charge it and use it at the same time. You also can't just take the battery out and use it that way either. Thats really lame, I need to use these headphones for about 10 hours a day most days.

The magnis out of my price range sadly. I really need to stick to 60 bucks or below.

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #7 of 10
Ah just read that the battery lasts quite a long time (around 12 hours per charge) and the replacement batteries are quite cheap. (about 3 bucks on ebay, free shipping)

So I'm gonna go with the E11 and a couple replacement batteries. Thanks for the help.

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #8 of 10
Ah just read that the battery lasts quite a long time (around 12 hours per charge) and the replacement batteries are quite cheap. (about 3 bucks on ebay, free shipping)

So I'm gonna go with the E11 and a couple replacement batteries. Thanks for the help.

Oh, 12 hours is not bad at all. You could just put it onto charge each time you are done :)

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #10 of 10
Good news, found this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QVPGXK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A34JWT04R7KMFW

An extra two bucks for another batter + charger, sign me up. Grabbed it. Should be here on thursday, I'll tell yah what I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back