Around 50$ portable sport headphones (neckband prefered)
Jan 28, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #16 of 23
lol no idea, I haven't done any extended running with my audio equipments save for crappy old earbuds mated to 1gen ipod shuffle
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #17 of 23
I've run with them for 2-3 miles on a treadmill without any problems. I also ride my bicycle daily for 10 miles and they stay on fine. I prefer them over IEMs because I have more environmental awareness because of their open design. They aren't that bulky. The headband is smaller than it appears in photos. The drivers a little larger than the PMX-100s.

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #18 of 23
welp, i ended up ordering the pmx200's. the ones i got sounded like the drivers were blown, or couldn't handle the power it was being fed, when the bass eq was turned up on my ipod. so, i'm gonna return them. but otherwise, they were comfortable enough, and didn't move at all, even running hard. i was worried that the pleathor was gonna be sweaty, but worked out okay.

in the mean time, i ordered the igrados, which arrive yesterday. they sound okay. i didn't do a side by side, but bass was okay and sound was decent. however, they are pretty uncomfortable. i didn't run with them, but did weight training at the gym instead. they became really sweaty and hot. and the stupid plastic neckband was pressing against my skin too, and was irritating. the construction is also rather cheap (like most grados)... the chord was flimsy, the cups do not rotate, and you can kinda tell the thing is just plain cheap-o.

in the end, i'm gonna keep the grados just cause they sound okay and i like being a little different. but i think the pmx100's would probably be the way to go, if they are as comfortable as the pmx200's but with tighter bass. i dunno... i might pick up the pmx100's later to see.

Feb 12, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #19 of 23
Gotta go for the PMX100...I have not heard the grado but recalling other posts they were not what people expected them to be. I can wear my PMX100 for hours but the only exercise I do with them on is getting up to get another beer...and they have never fallin off!

Feb 13, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #20 of 23
there're better options other than pmx100 if you're not looking for sports phones imo.

anyway, i just got my senn omx70 yesterday. the reason why i don't do the neckband stuff is cus i gym with these, and i don't want it pressing against my neck like orpheus said. anyway, the omx70s sound great, and are very light. plus, the cables are hydrophobic and do not absorb sweat like normal cables do.

the only thing you have to get past is the neon green colouring, but i think it'll grow on me after awhile.

i feel that i'm kinda privileged to be able to audition my head/earphones before purchase. i liked the sound on the igrados when i tried them yesterday, but they were far too heavy for practical sports use, and the huge pads would be kind of a sweat magnet. ended up getting the omx70 after trying about 10 other head/earphones. gonna do some training with them later we'll see how it goes. and orpheus, sorry bout the bad experiences. better luck next time!

Feb 13, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there're better options other than pmx100 if you're not looking for sports phones imo.

anyway, i just got my senn omx70 yesterday. the reason why i don't do the neckband stuff is cus i gym with these, and i don't want it pressing against my neck like orpheus said. anyway, the omx70s sound great, and are very light. plus, the cables are hydrophobic and do not absorb sweat like normal cables do.

the only thing you have to get past is the neon green colouring, but i think it'll grow on me after awhile.

i feel that i'm kinda privileged to be able to audition my head/earphones before purchase. i liked the sound on the igrados when i tried them yesterday, but they were far too heavy for practical sports use, and the huge pads would be kind of a sweat magnet. ended up getting the omx70 after trying about 10 other head/earphones. gonna do some training with them later we'll see how it goes. and orpheus, sorry bout the bad experiences. better luck next time!

hey athenae, how are those working out for you?--i think i might buy them. i ran an inredibly fast 5mi yesterday (must be a personal best i think), but it was very cold outside. the igrados kept my ears warm, ha ha. but i think during summer they're gonna suck. on the plus, they did not move in the least bit. btw, i think they sound pretty good for protable cheap-o headphones too.

Feb 13, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #23 of 23
Aside from the senn and igrado, how about the koss ksc 55 with a 75 ohm adapter (ety p/s cable)

Total is about $50 and the added impedance significantly improves the koss sound (same with the koss 35 and 75) all in a forum factor smaller than the igrado

Users who are viewing this thread

Back