Around 150 USD Over- Ear Headphone Recomendations?
Oct 4, 2014 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Deebrewski

New Head-Fier
So I've been into headphones for under a year, but love reading the forums. So far I have Grado SR325es, Klipsch R6is, and old Bose AE2s (from before I was into real audio). I have just ordered a Topping TP30 Mark II off Amazon and am waiting for it to arrive. I am happy with everything I own and would recommend everything in a heartbeat. However, I would like to expand a bit.

I'm looking for something that:
a) has great clarity so I can hear all the details of the music.
b) has a good frequency range as my Grados are- lets say- differently gifted.
c) is comfy for longer listening sessions because again, this is not the Grados' strong suit.
d) are closed so I can't hear whats going on around me.

So basically I want something to complement my SR325es. I would also plug these into my piano when I play so maybe a studio something...? I was considering Sonys, AKG, Beyers, or Audio Technicas. What do you guys think? I just lack so much experience its a bit overwhelming.

Oct 4, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 5
  So I've been into headphones for under a year, but love reading the forums. So far I have Grado SR325es, Klipsch R6is, and old Bose AE2s (from before I was into real audio). I have just ordered a Topping TP30 Mark II off Amazon and am waiting for it to arrive. I am happy with everything I own and would recommend everything in a heartbeat. However, I would like to expand a bit.

I'm looking for something that:
a) has great clarity so I can hear all the details of the music.
b) has a good frequency range as my Grados are- lets say- differently gifted.
c) is comfy for longer listening sessions because again, this is not the Grados' strong suit.
d) are closed so I can't hear whats going on around me.

So basically I want something to complement my SR325es. I would also plug these into my piano when I play so maybe a studio something...? I was considering Sonys, AKG, Beyers, or Audio Technicas. What do you guys think? I just lack so much experience its a bit overwhelming.

Beyers tend to be reallllly comfy because of their pads... not sure how their lower pricd models are

I like the Sound Magic HP 100/150 my self for comfort and sound

Oct 5, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #4 of 5
I have briefly heard the m50xs through an E18 and was pretty impressed with them. The NVXs look good too though. I'll check out some reviews. Thanks!

PS Does anybody know about the KRK KNS 8400?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back