Aroma Jewel vs. Oriolus Traillii vs. Noble Ronin
Apr 19, 2023 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

EdvonSchleck76

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I've been interested in the Noble Ronin, Traillii and Aroma Jewel for some time now and couldn't find any real comparative reviews here either, so I'm asking for your opinion on the three headphones. I much prefer the sound of the Traillii, but would like a bit more kick bass.I heard multiverse mentor as well, it was mind blasting but found the bass way too overwhelming to my taste. Would the other two be my dream headphones(Ronin,Jewel)? Best regards.Ed

Apr 20, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 12
If that's all you want, couldn't you low-shelf 105 hz up to whatever level you want? If by kick bass you mean sub bass, that should get the effect you want. 250 hz if you mean bass in general.

If the Traillii is anything like the Anole V14 (it has a similar driver config, so I imagine it must have some resemblance), EQing shouldn't have any detrimental effect.

Apr 25, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 12
If that's all you want, couldn't you low-shelf 105 hz up to whatever level you want? If by kick bass you mean sub bass, that should get the effect you want. 250 hz if you mean bass in general.

If the Traillii is anything like the Anole V14 (it has a similar driver config, so I imagine it must have some resemblance), EQing shouldn't have any detrimental effect.
Great thanks, I guess I meant a bit more punch in bass region. So how would especially Traillii compare to Ronin in your opinion?

Apr 25, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #5 of 12
Sorry, I don't have any experience with the Ronin or the Jewel, only a brief demo of the Traillii. I own the V14, which is why I made that comparison.

I think I get what you mean by "punch". That would be SPL you are after right? That's more complicated than EQ. Both the Traillii and the V14 use BAs and ESTs exclusively, and these drivers don't push much air around.

This is just speculation based on FR graphs and driver configs, but I suspect you won't find what you are looking for with the Ronin. The Ronin uses the same driver config as the Traillii, so if you find BA bass not satisfying, that won't change. The Jewel has a 9.2mm dynamic driver, which should generate higher SPL vs the quad Sonion BAs used by the Traillii. DDs usually have higher levels of harmonic distortion in the low end, but when it comes to authentic bass slam, DDs beat BAs.

Just putting this out there, if you are in the summit-fi bracket, you might want to consider the Elysian Acoustics Annihilator or X.

Apr 25, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #6 of 12
Sorry, I don't have any experience with the Ronin or the Jewel, only a brief demo of the Traillii. I own the V14, which is why I made that comparison.

I think I get what you mean by "punch". That would be SPL you are after right? That's more complicated than EQ. Both the Traillii and the V14 use BAs and ESTs exclusively, and these drivers don't push much air around.

This is just speculation based on FR graphs and driver configs, but I suspect you won't find what you are looking for with the Ronin. The Ronin uses the same driver config as the Traillii, so if you find BA bass not satisfying, that won't change. The Jewel has a 9.2mm dynamic driver, which should generate higher SPL vs the quad Sonion BAs used by the Traillii. DDs usually have higher levels of harmonic distortion in the low end, but when it comes to authentic bass slam, DDs beat BAs.

Just putting this out there, if you are in the summit-fi bracket, you might want to consider the Elysian Acoustics Annihilator or X.
I heard about Annihilator but it read it could be too bright sounding :frowning2: Maybe i have to wait for Traillii Version 2 which is said to have more bass ...

Apr 25, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #7 of 12
graph (2).png

If by bright you mean upper mid region elevation, seems to be that way on these examples. IMO, the difference seems rather small, other IEMs with similar upper mid/treble response present what most people consider a detail rich sound.

While the FR graph seems to indicate a small difference in the bass region, the SPL graph shows that the elevated bass response in the annihilator will feel more forceful in practice.
Annihilator-2021.jpg
Traillii.jpg

Not saying you should definitively decide to buy an annihilator vs whatever else, but I'm trying to outline what you might find useful in figuring out what units to demo so you can save time.

Apr 25, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #9 of 12
Of the three you mentioned, I'd try the Jewel first if I were you. Sounds to me like DD bass is more to your liking. Just be advised that the Jewel looks quite a bit brighter than the Traillii at 2k to 4k, guitars and female vocals will be very forward and maybe screechy/shouty.

Apr 25, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #11 of 12
Jazz and electro stuff likes forward treble response IME, probably won't be a problem.

Metal on the other hand will be the deciding factor. Most IEMs that failed for me failed at metal because they screwed up guitars. Clean guitars playing neo-classical tend to be ok, but thrash and djent really need 2k to 4k to be finely tuned to you or your ears will not like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back