Aroma audio product impressions.
Mar 11, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #1,486 of 1,878
Oh yes, I was pondering if I should take them! So, you're are the lucky guy! :wink:
Mmm yeah I pondered it myself. I think though by now the Jewel is kinda mature let's say in its lifecycle and they're probably gonna be rolling out something new. In my case I just haven't had something as cool and custom so I bought it. I see, however, that they're making sales on it like 15% at musicteck so about $4,300. Probably something new is gonna come out by the end of the year; we don't know. I only thought about it after the fact.

Mar 11, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #1,487 of 1,878
Mmm yeah I pondered it myself. I think though by now the Jewel is kinda mature let's say in its lifecycle and they're probably gonna be rolling out something new. In my case I just haven't had something as cool and custom so I bought it. I see, however, that they're making sales on it like 15% at musicteck so about $4,300. Probably something new is gonna come out by the end of the year; we don't know. I only thought about it after the fact.

Aroma doesn’t release new flagship/replacement IEMs fast at all. Aroma Ace I think came out in 2018(?) , and from my understanding Jewel isn’t an Ace replacement but rather an alternative. Jewel’s “life cycle” is very much still at the beginning if I had to guess.

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #1,489 of 1,878
New doesn't always mean better :wink:
The Jewel is more than one year "younger" than the Traillii which is still not replaced in Oriolus line.
Not all brands are obliged to have a new TOTL model every 6 months like UM ...:laughing:
Ye CFA also seem to be active xD

Mar 12, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #1,491 of 1,878
I’ll be keeping the Jewel for the next 8 years at least like my last set of CIEMs. At this current setup, N8ii -> Superbax -> Jewel, the sound is basically perfect. I don’t see my ears getting more enjoyment from small incremental updates of various flagship IEMs. Heck, I still love my good old ES60s. They still sound great.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #1,493 of 1,878
Well guys I have had many higher end headphones and rigs (Rognir, Utopia, LCD4 and many more) but I have had only a little experience with IEMs. I sold all my headphones and Rig when I bought a new home and had a dedicated 2 channel listening room built. I miss headphones, but my speakers are special and I would never listen in a home environment again. I have decided to give IEMs another more serious try. I decided to buy a Jewel with Stock cable. Budget didnt allow for a crazy expensive DAP and so I hope that the Hiby RS6 will be adequate. I am ignorant with IEMs though. I would like to buy some tips and I am unsure what size or where to begin with them. Any suggestions? Thanks

Mar 20, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #1,494 of 1,878
Anyone used any bright oil to touch up their IEM shells? Now I did all the sanding and polishing work to make my right earpiece fit, I want to apply some bright oil to make everything shiny again. I'm not sure what kind of touch up oil I'm suppose to use.

Mar 23, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #1,495 of 1,878
First Aroma :smile_phones:-Black Star
3B9F36B8-F801-4FEF-A548-C6F013D750A1.jpeg

Mar 24, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #1,496 of 1,878
Can I ask for advice on cable? I will have a credit to go towards a cable for my Jewel at Musicteck. The following 3 cables fit my budget.

Open Box First Times
Open Box 1950s 4 wire with shielding
Brise Yotono Ultimate

my player is A&K ARCO CA1000T

Mar 25, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #1,497 of 1,878
Well this isn't the most helpful group on this form LOL

Mar 25, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #1,498 of 1,878
And you're not the pinnacle of patience 🤭

First Times non-shielding would be my third choice here...the shielding version is noticeably better to my ears, and despite its higher price I feel it is more worth it between the two.

I haven't heard the 1950 shielding, but the 1950 is an incredible cable and my go-to recommendation for a totl option. Due to its performance and relatively accessible pricing for a high end cable, it's always a great choice. The shielding will only enhance the og 1950's sound, with a blacker background and more detail.

I can't speak to the Yato, but it is on my list to try. I have heard nothing but good things from people I trust, and it might very well be my top choice of these three if I had heard it...but I haven't yet.

Bottom line: you probably can't go wrong with either 1950 shielding or the Yato...and there are plenty of people who are happy with the First Times, so it very well may be to your liking as well.

That's my take.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #1,499 of 1,878
And you're not the pinnacle of patience 🤭

First Times non-shielding would be my third choice here...the shielding version is noticeably better to my ears, and despite its higher price I feel it is more worth it between the two.

I haven't heard the 1950 shielding, but the 1950 is an incredible cable and my go-to recommendation for a totl option. Due to its performance and relatively accessible pricing for a high end cable, it's always a great choice. The shielding will only enhance the og 1950's sound, with a blacker background and more detail.

I can't speak to the Yato, but it is on my list to try. I have heard nothing but good things from people I trust, and it might very well be my top choice of these three if I had heard it...but I haven't yet.

Bottom line: you probably can't go wrong with either 1950 shielding or the Yato...and there are plenty of people who are happy with the First Times, so it very well may be to your liking as well.

That's my take.
My little remark was tongue in cheek lol. Not serious. I thank you for your feedback. very helpful

Mar 25, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #1,500 of 1,878
Mine as well.

Glad you found it helpful, and good luck with your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back