Arizona Meet - Saturday 9/25/10
Sep 24, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #94 of 128
Quote:
Been lurking for a while, hoping something like this would come up.

I don't have any gear of my own, but I'm looking to change that. I'd love to drop by and try out some gear!

Welcome to Head-Fi! Let me be the first to welcome you with the proverbial "$orry about your wallet!". Hope to see you at the meet.

Sep 24, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #95 of 128
X2. Welcome to Head-Fi Train and zachcox. Look forward to meeting you both at the meet. I wish I could have attended a meet like this when I joined a year ago. It would have really helped out
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Welcome to Head-Fi! Let me be the first to welcome you with the proverbial "$orry about your wallet!". Hope to see you at the meet.

Sep 24, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #96 of 128
Thanks for the welcome.

I probably wouldn't be able to get over there any earlier than 4 or so (prior commitments). Do people demoing their gear typically stay the full time of the meet?

Sep 24, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #97 of 128
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome.

I probably wouldn't be able to get over there any earlier than 4 or so (prior commitments). Do people demoing their gear typically stay the full time of the meet?

I expect many to stay past 4 and I know of at least one who is planning on arriving after you. In the past Arizona meets have been hosted at someones home with a limited number of guests. I didn't find any historical data pertaining to attendance time lines. I think this will be the largest meet held in Arizona and I hope people will be having so much fun they will not want to leave.

Sep 24, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #99 of 128
I'd love to hear the LCD-2s too!  Thanks.  I'll be bringing the HD800s with balanced V3 Silver Dragon, as well.

Sep 24, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #101 of 128
Well I thought we might have another new person from the forums coming from down here in Tucson, but he just sent me a PM and said he had a work emergency come up unfortunately he'll miss out. Anyway, I think its just me coming up from Tucson now.  Looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Sep 24, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #103 of 128
I'll be bringing a laptop and an iPod7G/Onkyo ND-S1 as sources so we can probably take turns and leave my laptop hooked up to your rig for a couple of hours at a time to help people check it out. I'm pretty impressed with the Onkyo digital dock and the only loss compared to the laptop is that it can't play 24/96 files. Otherwise, the sound quality is pretty much on par with it using my setup.

Tribalambient, are you planning on bringing the assortment of tips that came with your westone 3s? I'll be bringing my Sennheiser IE8's and have always been curious how I would have liked Westone 3s if I had bought them instead. It was a close decision. It would be nice if I could pickup some type of wipes that work nicely for IEM tips on my way down, but I don't know of any specific types. Let me know if anyone has a suggestion on something that work nicely so others can try IEMs.

Quote:

BTW guys. I'll be bringing the MOSFET Max with a Grub DAC, but I don't have a laptop. Feel free to hook yours up and take a listen.
I'll have a USB cable hooked up to the Grub, so you'll just need to connect up to your laptop, and I'll have a Sony 775V player hooked up to the RCA's.

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #105 of 128
The JH-13 Pro & JH-16 Pro Universals will be present for the meet in Scottsdale.  

It should make for an ample opportunity to hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back