AriZona Iced Tea.. I am addicted!
Feb 22, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 32
I <3 their diet green tea. Cheap & good!

Feb 22, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #4 of 32
Arizona Black or Green Tea with Ginseng is good, I find thier straight 'Iced Tea' a little too lemony for my tastes. But my favorite storebought tea is Turkey Hill Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey. I grew up drinking Coke, lots of it. Usually 24-60oz a day. After I started drinking the Turkey Hill, I stopped buying Coke alltogether. Unfortunately, it's only avaible around the PA area, and I just moved to SC. I like Honest Tea, too, but it's too pricey for a daily drink...

Feb 22, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 32
I used to drink Arizona all the time, but I've found a new love. Here's to Wawa's Turkey Hill Iced Tea! The only downside to iced tea is that it shoots through your system before you're even finished drinking.
basshead.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #7 of 32
I think HeadFi is the equivalent of AA for addictive personalities, so being addicted to Arizona ice tea here should really be of no surprise!

Or do we live in a society that campaigns for general addictive personality disorder to keep the wheels of capitalism turning?

Feb 22, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake
I think HeadFi is the equivalent of AA for addictive personalities, so being addicted to Arizona ice tea here should really be of no surprise!

Or do we live in a society that campaigns for general addictive personality disorder to keep the wheels of capitalism turning?

A mix of both I think.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #9 of 32
I had a friend send me a link from the something awful forums, I think it was about this iced tea. I don't have the link anymore, it was a funny thread.

Feb 23, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
A mix of both I think.
very_evil_smiley.gif

tongue.gif

But really, beware addicts of Arizona iced tea (I like the green tea with ginseng but drink it rarely). The "addictive" quality is, IIRC, due to the fact that they use HFCS (high fructose corn syrup), which is indeed being shown as physically "addictive" due to the incredibly high sugar levels your body extracts from it. That, and HFCS is being shown as one of the major weight gain issues of the current generation - very dense in carbohydrate calories (sugars), very low in nutrition and bodily addicting to the "sugar rush" to boot.

I believe I am fortunate in that regard, for unlike you humans I (truly) am almost completely immune to "sugar rush". I've always wondered what people speak of when they talk about it - I've never experienced it.

Feb 23, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #11 of 32
Yeah - I love that stuff too, especially when served cold on a hot day.

Feb 23, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #13 of 32
I buy a case of this stuff every once in a while when the local job lot gets them. they're very cheap for they're serving size and tastes better than many alternatives.

I wouldnt say they're my favorite drink but I'll give them the title of "Best Iced Tea" , much better then the nestle stuff (with the snow man on the bottle)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back