Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th, 2015
Nov 20, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #32 of 327
I didn't think that food was allowed in the library. Besides, who needs food when we have headphones?
wink_face.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #34 of 327
I do wish there was better eateries nearby; Jack in the Box is all that's there, and I can't say it matches well with 7 hours of high end headphone listening haha. Yet I would be hesitant to have food around all the gear... hmmm this is indeed a conundrum. We could always have a break and eat in the parking lot XD

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #35 of 327
We can always arrange to have food and drink available within the room and perhaps order some pizza or something?

Anything relatively cheap and non-messy would be a great choice. I could always bring wet wipes or something if people are too lazy for the bathroom.
  I do wish there was better eateries nearby; Jack in the Box is all that's there, and I can't say it matches well with 7 hours of high end headphone listening haha. Yet I would be hesitant to have food around all the gear... hmmm this is indeed a conundrum. We could always have a break and eat in the parking lot XD

That's not a bad idea, the only problem is that it'll probably be pretty chilly, and leaving all our ear in the room doesn't seem like the greatest idea.

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #36 of 327

That's not a bad idea, the only problem is that it'll probably be pretty chilly, and leaving all our ear in the room doesn't seem like the greatest idea.

Yeah. I hate it when I leave my ear in the other room.
Shenanigans aside, that is a good point. We could always just go outside to eat a couple people at a time, and leave the others inside to gear-watch. Of course this becomes difficult with more gear... well, now that I think about it, the main room at Harmon DOES, in fact, have a kitchen area in the back. So we could always limit the food to that.. if I'm not mistaken, use of that room is included in the fee for food+drink. We'd have to get more information though, I'll keep you posted (no pun intended).

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #37 of 327
Hey, didn't mean to sidetrack the main point of this conversation which is another wicked good AZ Head-Fi meet with all you crazy over the top collectors and users of great audio gear..

So.. food aside.. what else have you observed during the last several meets that we could improve on in order to get more folks to the meet and involved..

Is there some other sources for us to advertise the meet??

Are there any hifi stores in area that may want to get involved ( I know this is a users meeting first and foremost) ??

Any other way to make newbies more comfortable with just showing up and getting a taste of some great audio gear??

and where's the food....lol  lol

Looking forward to this again.. whenever and wherever.. and if there are any other Hi-Fier's who need transportation, I would be more than happy to play taxi driver.. Address for me is over in Surprise past the 303 near Bell Rd ( yeah I know ,,, civilization didn't stop past the 101)

Awaiting your thoughts, ideas. suggestions. complaints. whatever

Don J

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #39 of 327
  Hey, didn't mean to sidetrack the main point of this conversation which is another wicked good AZ Head-Fi meet with all you crazy over the top collectors and users of great audio gear..

So.. food aside.. what else have you observed during the last several meets that we could improve on in order to get more folks to the meet and involved..

Is there some other sources for us to advertise the meet??

Are there any hifi stores in area that may want to get involved ( I know this is a users meeting first and foremost) ??

Any other way to make newbies more comfortable with just showing up and getting a taste of some great audio gear??

and where's the food....lol  lol

Looking forward to this again.. whenever and wherever.. and if there are any other Hi-Fier's who need transportation, I would be more than happy to play taxi driver.. Address for me is over in Surprise past the 303 near Bell Rd ( yeah I know ,,, civilization didn't stop past the 101)

Awaiting your thoughts, ideas. suggestions. complaints. whatever

Don J

Jesus, 303 and Bell Rd? I know how far that is, I have a friend who lives in Wadell; such a far place!

We've been trying to get one of the guys from AZ HiFi over, hopefully we can. Joseph and I have been hoping he'll bring with him a Leben or Line Magnetic along with some Audeze headphones.

In terms of promotion, the only way I believe we can help promote this is by advertising it on several audio websites and forums. The library provides us with a lot of limitations that we would only be able to pull away from if we got a place like a hotel. Question is, which hotel and where? Also, can we guarantee a lot of people to attend to justify the expenses? 

I would love to expand our meets and involve speaker systems if possible. I've always been a loudspeaker fan, even moreso than headphones. I would love to introduce the hobby to others who haven't experienced good speakers. :)

Also, we can always arrange for some catering food: Sandwiches, Chinese food, Pizza, Indian food, etc. We can even do a pot luck?!

Nov 21, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #40 of 327
In terms of promotion, the only way I believe we can help promote this is by advertising it on several audio websites and forums. The library provides us with a lot of limitations that we would only be able to pull away from if we got a place like a hotel. Question is, which hotel and where? Also, can we guarantee a lot of people to attend to justify the expenses? 

I would love to expand our meets and involve speaker systems if possible. I've always been a loudspeaker fan, even moreso than headphones. I would love to introduce the hobby to others who haven't experienced good speakers. :)

Also, we can always arrange for some catering food: Sandwiches, Chinese food, Pizza, Indian food, etc. We can even do a pot luck?!

If we added speakers, we could call it Camelback Mountain Audio Fest xD for hotel we'd need alot more time and planning though...

Nov 21, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #41 of 327
If we added speakers, we could call it Camelback Mountain Audio Fest xD for hotel we'd need alot more time and planning though...

That would be a dream come true!

Planning would be best if we could do that, but unfortunately most of my time currently is taken up with pre-production for my film next semester. Production starts in February so I wouldn't be able to make out time to do anything else but that.
frown.gif

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #42 of 327
That would be a dream come true!

Planning would be best if we could do that, but unfortunately most of my time currently is taken up with pre-production for my film next semester. Production starts in February so I wouldn't be able to make out time to do anything else but that. :frowning2:

Lol let's just focus on getting the January meet for now. Dude we need to go to Harmooooonnnn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back