Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th, 2015
Nov 13, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #16 of 327
I can do it again after the new years. Prior to that is hard for me. Maybe look into a public library in around ASU? Closer to mesa for those guys, Harmon has worked well but I bet there are places with better parking/loading situations if we looked.

Nov 13, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #17 of 327
I can do it again after the new years. Prior to that is hard for me. Maybe look into a public library in around ASU? Closer to mesa for those guys, Harmon has worked well but I bet there are places with better parking/loading situations if we looked.

Thing is, there's still a good portion of people in the west side. We can look though, although chances are that any library in that vicinity will be extremely busy on the weekends (diminishing our chances of getting a room). Also cost is an issue; if things follow suit, those libraries will most definitely be more expensive than the rather quiet location of Harmon. Either way, any assistance with the fee is much appreciated.

The meet will not take place anytime before January

Nov 14, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #18 of 327
Well, we did pretty much fill the room with tables. Also, I'd expect that we might have a few more attendees for the winter. The main room is probably twice as big, perhaps a little more. In fact, that's the room that myself and Destroysall paid for, but they moved us anyway ~.~ kind of ridiculous, but for the price and location and relative size to the central library (Burton Barr), can't beat it.

Our meet previous to this most recent one, was held in the main room of Harmon. It is located directly behind the front desks
We were really close to being cramped up in the room, so I see where you're coming from. Cost is always an issue, and if you and Destroysall paid for them yourself, that bugs me.

Nov 15, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #19 of 327
We were really close to being cramped up in the room, so I see where you're coming from. Cost is always an issue, and if you and Destroysall paid for them yourself, that bugs me.

that room was a bit lacking in available table space, me and tacoz set up on the 'welcome' table at the entrance.  if cost is an issue, i can pitch in.  i'd be glad to.  

Nov 15, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #22 of 327
 if cost is an issue, i can pitch in.  i'd be glad to.  

Thanks for the support :) I'll let you all know the cost of prospective rooms, and when the time comes we can split up the cost accordingly. All help is appreciated! That goes for actually finding a room as well; if anyone is willing to search out information on larger, affordable rooms in relatively centralized locations, go for it.

We've toyed with the idea of having a small entry fee before, but I'm an advocate of keeping things as open as possible. Of course that's easy to do when everything is on a smaller scale. I want it as free as possible! Entry fee? Just bring your cans. That's why I like Harmon: the main room is only $5 per hour.

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #26 of 327

if cost is an issue, i can pitch in.  i'd be glad to.  

+1

X2
I was unaware Harmon library charged for the space. It's sad our tax dollars barely support public libraries leaving fund raising on the shoulders of the librarian.
angry_face.gif
  Count me in to ante up.

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #27 of 327
X2
I was unaware Harmon library charged for the space. It's sad our tax dollars barely support public libraries leaving fund raising on the shoulders of the librarian. :angry_face:   Count me in to ante up.

Thanks once again to all! The good thing is, it wasn't that much; Harmon is half the price as the central library. Previously we had held the meet at the central library (Burton Barr branch), but to accommodate us effectively we'd need to rent out both of the rooms at $10 per hour each for a total of $140 for seven hours.

This week I'll hopefully get down to Harmon, and hopefully they'll be able to supply their main room. (Twice the size of a single room at the other branch, but half the price for a total of $35). I've had other recommendations further south and west, but at that rate I'd say it would be a bit too far for all of us. Yet to check Tempe still, although this would be a very difficult location for me to get to early in the morning.

EDIT: On the subject of gear, does anyone perhaps have a Woo Audio amp or known someone with a Woo Audio amp? I'm dying to hear one lol ._. Looking at maybe the WA2 in the future for an amp+preamp for my monoblocks.

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #29 of 327
Okay guys, how about this: Anyone who wants to help out may, at the door, make a $5 contribution. It will NOT be mandatory, however, as the philosophy from before still applies (organized local meets must be open to the public and as free as possible).

Sound good? No pun intended :) Can't wait to get this thing ready.

Nov 19, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #30 of 327
Well.. looking forward to this next meet ,, whenever and wherever.. but my only issue with the current library location was the lack of close by food... I know.. I could get in my car and drive a little to get some fast food but that meant missing some time seeing and hearing everyone's cool stuff..

As for donations, etc... I have said before and will say again.. whatever amount you need to help out with I think all of us could split the cost , the more that do that the cheaper it is for us all..after all, just look at what some of us have spent on the "toys" we are bringing ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back