Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th 2015 - Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #46 of 58

Hey guys!

Sorry for being so late to the thread. I already sub'd the summer meet so I'll be ready to go on that one.

Quick question, I can't remember the guys name that had the Akg 550's and Crack but he was playing crazy good binaural tracks. I was hoping I could find out the names to those tracks and the artist so I can get some good listening in at home.

FYI I love my Project Starlight

That was me! 
beyersmile.png

The albums I played: 
-Amber Rubarth: Sessions from the 17th Ward  (I was playing the track Strive)
-Ottmar Liebert: Up Close   (I was playing the track Cocteau)
-Yosi Horikawa: Wandering  (I was playing the track Bubbles)

All of the tracks in these albums are fantastic but the ones I played were standouts to me.

Enjoy!

Awesome thanks!!

I sent back those awful t90's and got a stupid good deal on some T5p's! I love them... They sound like nothing I've ever heard before. Detail and speed unlike any other closed headphone I've tried. Bass isn't the loudest but its still very accurate and I think once I get the right portable amp it'll be just fine. I'll probably find a nice portable like a Headstage Arrow or maybe old e12 with a nice bass boost and that will make these second to none. I love my Alpha Dogs and TH600's but to have full closed that can be powered off of my phone and sound great are a dream come true! 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Feb 12, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #48 of 58
Awesome thanks!!

I sent back those awful t90's and got a stupid good deal on some T5p's! I love them... They sound like nothing I've ever heard before. Detail and speed unlike any other closed headphone I've tried. Bass isn't the loudest but its still very accurate and I think once I get the right portable amp it'll be just fine. I'll probably find a nice portable like a Headstage Arrow or maybe old e12 with a nice bass boost and that will make these second to none. I love my Alpha Dogs and TH600's but to have full closed that can be powered off of my phone and sound great are a dream come true! 

Thanks,

:evil:

Color me jealous. Looking forward to hearing them! I haven't heard the T1s still, but the T5p is the next best thing (or maybe even better?)

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #50 of 58
I'm not sure what the difference is between the T5p's and the T1's besides the t5p's being 32ohm and 600ohm for the t1 and closed vs semi closed. But what I do know is that they sound unlike anything I've ever heard! So much life and in a closed can! Its unreal. I've grown so much because of this hobby.

Before I might not have likes these. I would have noticed how clear they were but the "lack" (notice the finger quotes) of bass would have made me turned them back in and never look back. But my evolution (and slight hearing loss) has made me into a much better audiophile. First off they don't sound like closed cans, they sound like nothing else I've ever listened to before. They sound alive! 

I will admit tho that they don't play well with my Pioneer so that is a total bummer. I dont plan on using them that much with it so I guess its not that big of a deal but I don't know why they aren't working well together when everything else I have does. Must be the Teslas or 32ohm rating. Either way its all good. I don't plan on getting rid of them anytime soon. 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #52 of 58
  I'm not sure what the difference is between the T5p's and the T1's besides the t5p's being 32ohm and 600ohm for the t1 and closed vs semi closed. But what I do know is that they sound unlike anything I've ever heard! So much life and in a closed can! Its unreal. I've grown so much because of this hobby.

Before I might not have likes these. I would have noticed how clear they were but the "lack" (notice the finger quotes) of bass would have made me turned them back in and never look back. But my evolution (and slight hearing loss) has made me into a much better audiophile. First off they don't sound like closed cans, they sound like nothing else I've ever listened to before. They sound alive! 

I will admit tho that they don't play well with my Pioneer so that is a total bummer. I dont plan on using them that much with it so I guess its not that big of a deal but I don't know why they aren't working well together when everything else I have does. Must be the Teslas or 32ohm rating. Either way its all good. I don't plan on getting rid of them anytime soon. 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

I'm excited to try them out! Most closed cans can be a little bit of a let down. Although, ever since I got some Alpha Pads for my K550s they sound much more open (almost as good as my HD650s) and the bass is very much improved.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #53 of 58
You know, if someone could haul in some speakers that'd be really cool, but libraries...

Someday, my young apprentice, someday... actually, the lecture room at Burton Barr is private enough that they might let us use some speakers. But I'm not sure.. plus it's much more impractical compared to the room at Harmon. Maybe someday there may be a separate speaker meet? Eh, best to get a different venue all together.

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #54 of 58
Someday, my young apprentice, someday... actually, the lecture room at Burton Barr is private enough that they might let us use some speakers. But I'm not sure.. plus it's much more impractical compared to the room at Harmon. Maybe someday there may be a separate speaker meet? Eh, best to get a different venue all together.
A different venue would definitely be the best.

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #55 of 58

A different venue would definitely be the best.

Speaking of a different venue. Did you have an opportunity to visit the Tempe library?

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #57 of 58

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Any chance you heard the beyer DT-150's and compared to the T5? sure, they are $1000 apart in price, but the 150's get pretty good reviews. How about the Ultrasone Sig Pros?

Apr 28, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #58 of 58
Lost the opportunity of trying the Philips Fidelio X2! 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back