Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th 2015 - Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #36 of 58
This is sort of random, but does anyone here in the Glendale/Peoria/Phoenix area with HD600s perhaps want to do a temporary trade? I can offer my Phillips Fidelio X2; I originally bought them to use with my Asgard 2, but now with the Manley monoblocks and headphone adapter, I reckon I'd be able to properly amp the 600s.

This way each of us may try the competing "balanced sounding" can ^.^ might sell the X2 if the HD600 sound good enough...

Feb 1, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #39 of 58
  Thanks for the great event! Was my first time to try out some REALLY nice cans, and I learned a lot!

Who won the amp in the raffle???

Demon Fox was the lucky winner for the Project Starlight.

I'm sad I missed this meet.  I didn't even know they had one for Phoenix.  I accidentally stumbled upon this thread.  Next year I will be there.

Hello dynamics; the meet was a great one. The funds for the next meet have been met thanks to the members who attended and we will be holding another meet in either late May or early June. So please stay tuned for the upcoming thread for the next meet. A place hasn't been decided yet, but we are hoping for a possible expansion.

Thanks; Chris

Feb 4, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #42 of 58
What? Could you speak up? 
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #43 of 58
Hey guys!

Sorry for being so late to the thread. I already sub'd the summer meet so I'll be ready to go on that one.

Quick question, I can't remember the guys name that had the Akg 550's and Crack but he was playing crazy good binaural tracks. I was hoping I could find out the names to those tracks and the artist so I can get some good listening in at home.

FYI I love my Project Starlight

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #44 of 58
Hey guys!

Sorry for being so late to the thread. I already sub'd the summer meet so I'll be ready to go on that one.

Quick question, I can't remember the guys name that had the Akg 550's and Crack but he was playing crazy good binaural tracks. I was hoping I could find out the names to those tracks and the artist so I can get some good listening in at home.

FYI I love my Project Starlight

That was me! 
beyersmile.png

The albums I played: 
-Amber Rubarth: Sessions from the 17th Ward  (I was playing the track Strive)
-Ottmar Liebert: Up Close   (I was playing the track Cocteau)
-Yosi Horikawa: Wandering  (I was playing the track Bubbles)

All of the tracks in these albums are fantastic but the ones I played were standouts to me.

Enjoy!

Feb 11, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #45 of 58
Been on vacation the paste couple of weeks. First, have to say a big thank you to Destroysall  and Coolzo for arranging everything. The food was excellent and the location was easy to get to.  

Lots of great gear to listen to. I have to admit though that after working all night and coming straight to the meet was brutal. Felt like I was a deer in the headlights most of the day. Really enjoyed the Eddie Current BA and Decware CSP2+.  Thought koalapear's Bottlehead crack + speedball was outstanding  also. Garage1217's lineup was impressive too, I'm really interested in the Project Ember....

Regret not listening to more of the great gear that was there. Hopefully I'll not be working the night before the next meet. Looking forward May/June and the next meet.
L3000.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back