Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th 2015 - Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #16 of 58
The meet was a blast, the company fantastic and the gear on hand was nothing short of amazing! Great to meet so many local enthusiasts. I have some photos as well that I will try to get posted tonight.

A big thanks to the guys that made it all happen / destroysall and coolzo. Thanks for the food too!

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #18 of 58
  The meet was a blast, the company fantastic and the gear on hand was nothing short of amazing! Great to meet so many local enthusiasts. I have some photos as well that I will try to get posted tonight.

A big thanks to the guys that made it all happen / destroysall and coolzo. Thanks for the food too!

You're very welcome! A large part of our success was thanks to yourself
smily_headphones1.gif

coolzo is right. Thanks so much for the support! :D

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #21 of 58
meet was a blast.  being among like minded peeps is always a good thing.  excellent gear, excellent company and a massive sammich, seriously that thing was beyond 6foot.  biiiig shout out to chris (Godzilla aka.destroysall) and Joe(coolzo) for organizing.  and the two vendors that showed up, garage1217 and headamp, twas awesome seeing those guys.  the stax 009 with the blue hawaii was just epic.  i've decided my next purchase will be either the lcd-x or the project ember, just wow.  i need to brush up on my soldering skillz.

good times gents, always a good time.  

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #23 of 58
Hey Destroysall,
What Amps did you enjoy with the D7000 the most on?
I have these cans & am looking for an Amp for these low 25 ohm cans.

Thanks glad you had fun!

I heard them through a WA6, which was a great amp for them. If you are going to go for tube amps, definitely go with the hybrid and output transformer coupled amps and stay away from the OTL amps. I also think that solid state amps like the ones made by Schiit and Burson Audio should work fine too.

If I were to make a prime recommendation, I'd consider the WA6, WA6-SE, or the WA22.

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #24 of 58
Not a full range of HiFiMan headphones, or any LH Labs Pulse or smaller portable units at the meet?

I was there but like you, am waiting for my Pulse X to get in the mail. I'm thinking I won't see it until March :frowning2: There was quite a bit of portable gear there, its just not as big and fancy as the other stuff so it doesn't seem to make it into the photos.

Great meet everyone! I had a blast as always. Big thanks to our organizers and vendors!

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #25 of 58
Destroysall,
Thanks for the info, I've been looking real hard at that WA6-SE. I sure would like to here it to be sure its what im looking for. I'm Kind of in no mans land here in Charleston, SC. cannot find anything to put my ears to. Need a meet-up near by. Thanks guys yall have fun & i'll keep reading & dreaming :)

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #26 of 58
Great people? Check. Great gear? Check. Great food? Check. Great job by Coolzo 'n Destroysall? Double check.

The only thing wrong was, um, well ...... Nothing!! 

Note to self; "Listen more, yap less!!"  I always come away from these meets regretting not doing more listening to gear.
So, at the next meet, if you see me standing around yammering, ask me why I don't have any 'phones on my head.

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #30 of 58
Hey, Coolzo, what is the name of the orange 'overseer' on your rig? I guess I'll have to bring mine next meet. Anyone remember Bill the cat?

Lol the Overseer (I like that name so let's stick with it) is Jimmy's (Grizmo) reward for winning.. something. I'm not quite sure what, but it happened, and thus became the embodiment of his desire to own a Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck. I guess it's full name would be Nakamichi, the Dragon Overseer of Head-Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back