Arietta or Little Dot I+ for Grado 325?
Apr 4, 2009 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ferdit

Head-Fier
Hi. I am buying an amp mainly for my Grado 325 and am torn between the Arietta and Little Dot I+? What would be better between the two?

Note: The price of the two amps are almost the same once you factor in buying tubes and opamps for the little dot.

Apr 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #2 of 4
my advice will be somewhat subjective but all I can say is that my LDI+ paired with my sr325i is simply AMAZING..

no kidding the synergy between the two is just prefect (for my ears) and as long as I will keep my sr325i I really don't need to upgrade the amp for something pricier.

But You have indeed to change some things on your LDI+ to reach such a good synergy.

for me the best combo with my grado sr325i and the LDI+ is opamp LT1364 with mullard M8161 for tubes...really the best for me

I have these tubes :

- Stock chinese 6JI (forget these junkies)

- WE408A (not impressed at all, not worthing the price for me...though sylvania 408A is excellent as I read on head-fi)

- Mullard 6AK5W (really really good)

- Mullard M8161 (my new reference, these are the tubes to beat)

and opamp LT1364 (fast, accurate, bright) opamp OPA2107AP (bass, better soundstage) and stock opamp MC33078P (not bad but clearly weaker than the two others)

I need to try some Voshod tubes but for now the best is mullard m8161 and LT1364

hope that helps but don't take me wrong, the Arietta might be better for the simply reason that I never hear it paired with a grado.

Apr 4, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 4
both are equally good BUT > the little dot will need good tubes like the Sylvania Gold Brand 408a.(also a opamp upgrade lt1364) > sounded decent with my sr80 > Nice because I dont have a DAC (quality) then and now> sold my little dot though. Arietta needs no mod and sounds good too. (I used a dvd>optical>avr>little dot/arietta) good luck!
remember u need a decent DAC (source is impt)
Im trying to position for one now...in a couple of months I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back