Arietta - first hand experience?
Mar 19, 2007 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

OpusRob

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, does anybody have any first-hand experience with the Arietta? I know that it is essentially a Headfive with some adjustments, but I am looking for some actual feedback. I am looking to get an amp for my MS2i, and am considering a variety of possibilities at present. I can't exceed $300 - not sure I can even get to that number at present, but I can dream, can't i? I know there are several tube amps and hybrids that pair well with Grado signature in general, but at this stage I think I prefer to find a good SS amp with a warmer signature (you can feel free to try to talk me out of this, though). I am not a DIY guy - don't have time to become one at this point. Thanks for any help you can give.

Mar 19, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 4
I have Arietta and it's a very nice amp..but that's all I can say because my lack of knowledge about the other good amps.

If you decide to order Arietta it might be good idea to let Jan know that you are using little ohm phones, because of this. I'm also guessing that Headfive sounds quite the same. I think if you wan't to know more about how Arietta+MS2i sound together, you'll have to trust Headfive+Grado/Alessandro comments.

Mar 20, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 4
I use the crossfeed all the time, cause it affects the sound so little..maybe a little bit bass is lost. Because it ease the listening fatigue (or what it's called), it's a very good accessory to headphonelistening (IMO). It's so hard to know is the crossfeed on or off, that I have to go and see the crossfeed-switch if I don't remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back