Aria, Woo 3 or Gilmore Lite?
Dec 29, 2005 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

monkuboy

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm soliciting your opinions. I know these three are not priced the same and we are talking different technologies, but if money is not a factor, what's your choice? They would be powering two quite different cans, Grado 325i and Senn 580.

Dec 29, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 9
You have some interesting choices here. Out of the three, I am inclined toward the Woo 3 and Gilmore Lite. I will have my Woo 3 here soon (next week), so, if you can wait, I can offer you some specific impressions/feedback regarding the Woo 3.

Dec 30, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #3 of 9
I second the woo 3, although keep your eye out for the aria, some good thread on it already.

Dec 30, 2005 at 12:25 PM Post #4 of 9
The Woo is reported to have troubles with high sensitivity cans like the Grado. The HeadAmp Lite is a great amp at its asking price. However the Aria stands all by itself in its performance/features/cost bracket. Its reported to be better than the HA-2, which was already a high level amp, has a USB DAC, has crossfeed, is a self contained unit (no wallwart) and features a very nice case.

Its also on special pricing so even if you hate it, not likely, you can sell it for more than you paid in the first place in a few months
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 30, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssingh0
i've used a corda ha1mk2, and the grado 325i's and 580's. my woo3 does not have any problems with the grado or allesandro's; it sounds magical.

I have also used my woo 3 with grado 325i and senn hd600 without any problem.

Dec 31, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solude
The Woo is reported to have troubles with high sensitivity cans like the Grado.

As an owner of a Woo I can tell you that I'm in complete agreement with ssingh0 and jamesp that the Woo does not have trouble with high sensitivity cans.
In order to lessen the spread of false information among the Head-Fi community it's generally much better to have actually personally heard and spent some time with a piece of audio gear before commenting on the sonic characteristics of that gear.

Dec 31, 2005 at 3:01 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by KZEE
As an owner of a Woo I can tell you that I'm in complete agreement with ssingh0 and jamesp that the Woo does not have trouble with high sensitivity cans.
In order to lessen the spread of false information among the Head-Fi community it's generally much better to have actually personally heard and spent some time with a piece of audio gear before commenting on the sonic characteristics of that gear.

I think so! i also have the Senn hd650 and Grado sr225, and my wooaudio 3 drives them very well.
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back