Aria/USB popping/jumping/stuttering type prob
Oct 22, 2006 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

m_memmory

1000+ Head-Fier
I've got an Aria amp (boy I adore this thing!) and I've got it setup with ASIO4All so that foobar can pipe my FLAC files to it as effectively as can.

However, at the moment, I find that the songs seem to have an occasional pop or disruption. It only happens very randomly and very occasionally but (obviously) when it does happen it's really annoying and I'm wondering if there's some setting or something somewhere that I can try that'll get rid of it for good.

All my music is stored in FLAC files on an external hard drive at the moment (it's actually my backup drive but my main data drive has failed and I'm awaiting a replacement) and is being played via the USB DAC within the Aria. At the moment the only other thing running in Windows is Firefox so I'm disinclined to think that it's the PC not having enough resources to cope.

Whenever I switch to using my Audigy2 as my output (occasionally I do listen with speakers) I never seem to have this problem so I'm wondering whether it's due to both things using USB? But (from what I remember) when I was using direct sound output from foobar I didn't have this problem either.

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be causing it (and therefore what I can do to stop it) If it's just down to the bottleneck (perhaps) of having them both using USB then when I get my new data drive and copy all my music back to an internal drive will this all stop do you think?

Any ideas anyone has will be greatfully received. Thanks guys.

Oct 23, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 2
I've been using the Aria for awhile with ASIO4ALL and have similar problems. I would get static for around 3-4 seconds. The static would get louder within these few seconds, and then the music would jump. As soon as the music jumped, the music is back to normal again. I've tried connecting the Aria directly to my computer (only my mouse was connected to another USB port) and through a powered Belkin USB hub without much luck. Even changed USB cables and adjusted the ASIO buffer. The static occurs approx once every 5-10 minutes.

I eventually switched back to DS which seems okay now. I personally cannot distinguish the difference between DS and ASIO so I'm happy with DS at the moment
lambda.gif
Is there really any difference by using DS or ASIO with the Aria?

Another thing that annoys me is sometimes the Aria would lose its USB connection with the PC. But once it reconnects, the master volume in Windows is set to the middle and I have to max it everytime.

Maybe USBASIO is the solution
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back