ARGH WHY SHURE WHY?!?
Mar 16, 2007 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Shaan

New Head-Fier
I was taking off my biflanges from my e3c's today and front part with the tip split off. I think I can use epoxy glue to get it back on but what is the problem with shures build quality? I went through two e2cs and only because of my complaints they gave me a pair of e3c's but if this kind of thing is going to happen with regular use who should I switch to?

Mar 16, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #2 of 14
IMHO, the tip design for all nicer Shures (and therefore Westone) has the upside of a lot of tips that allow a ton of fitting options (even for small ears) and the downside of being so thin it is hard to make it overly durable.

When I had the UM2's and e500's both seemed like they would break without too much effort. Not that they make bad product, just that they are so thin.

Mar 16, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was taking off my biflanges from my e3c's today and front part with the tip split off. I think I can use epoxy glue to get it back on but what is the problem with shures build quality? I went through two e2cs and only because of my complaints they gave me a pair of e3c's but if this kind of thing is going to happen with regular use who should I switch to?

Dude...

Are you Shure you're not being to rough with your IEMs? I've owned the e2c, the e3c, and e4 and have never had a problem with breaking the nozzle. My uncle, who is a musician, uses e5s on-stage 4 or 5 nights a week and it took him 5 years to break a nozzle.

Mar 16, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #4 of 14
I think he needs Vibes just cause they are made out of metal O.o

Although power to the complaining, free upgrade.

Mar 16, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think he needs Vibes just cause they are made out of metal O.o

Although power to the complaining, free upgrade.

I'd rather not complain, i just want them to work
plainface.gif
I have thought about switching to the vibes though

Mar 16, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was taking off my biflanges from my e3c's today and front part with the tip split off.

This happened to me as well but with foamies (which I was only trying on). But Shure's customer service is so good anyway you can get hold of a replacement very easily.

Mar 18, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSIR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Poonman did you go through Shure USA or Shure Canada?

I went through Canada, emailed her a few times took a week for a response, then another week for the RMA, then roughly 2 weeks for shipping back and forth.

But at least I got a new pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back