Are Zmf auteur classic worth it?
May 24, 2024 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dkaudiophile

New Head-Fier
So ive been looking for my next headphone, i currently own the lcd 2c's, but i kinda want to try a new sound signature. I have also been looking at the new bokeh.. ive seen a lot of reviews and they mainly seem positive what do you guys think? any advice or recomendations?

May 25, 2024 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 11
Yes, they're worth it, however, depending on what the rest of your system looks like, the Bokeh may be the better choice. The Bokeh are excellent on so many different sources. I personally prefer the auteur overall, however I feel that they're pickier with amps to sound their best. OTL tube amps are a great choice with the auteur.

May 25, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #3 of 11
☑️: DenverW. For those looking for their first (only?) ZMF headphone, I recommend Auteur Classic. It is a headphone that exhibits, in a balanced & neutral way, the many virtues of ZMF design & sound.

May 25, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 11
At the moment i own the xduoo ta22 and i loove the way my lcd2c's sound on it. And it should have no problem driving the auteur's. However i have no idea if the auteurs sound good on tubes😁

May 25, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #5 of 11
At the moment i own the xduoo ta22 and i loove the way my lcd2c's sound on it. And it should have no problem driving the auteur's. However i have no idea if the auteurs sound good on tubes😁
Auteur and tubes is like peanut butter and jelly. They're made for each other.

May 25, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #7 of 11
I agree with everything the fine gentlemen above said, but I would ask you what genres of music do you typically listen to? ZMF has a headphone for everybody, but some ZMFs are better for certain genres than others.

May 25, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #8 of 11
I agree with everything the fine gentlemen above said, but I would ask you what genres of music do you typically listen to? ZMF has a headphone for everybody, but some ZMFs are better for certain genres than others.
Well thats kinda hard to answer i listen to loads of different genres! But i think i mostly listen to pop, rnb, rock, sometimes jazz and country😁

May 25, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #9 of 11
Well thats kinda hard to answer i listen to loads of different genres! But i think i mostly listen to pop, rnb, rock, sometimes jazz and country😁
Yeah, the Auteur classic will do quite nicely.

May 25, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #10 of 11
Yeah, the Auteur classic will do quite nicely.
... good point! I neglected to mention Auteur Classic's 'versatility' -- basically unfazed by any music genre: bring it on !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back