Are you Shure these foamies work on Ety's??
Feb 29, 2004 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

zeplin

1000+ Head-Fier
i'm an Ety lover and always look for any way to make my Ety experience even better than it already is. recently, i've read about at least five people saying they've used the Shure foamies with their Ety's. the Shures foamies are being described as more comfy and bass enhancers...or filling out the music more. it's not like i need any more bass with my specific Ety combo...i just would like some of you to share your experiences with the Shure foamies on your Ety's in a more in depth manner
etysmile.gif

thanx for the help and advice, it is greatly appreciated
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

PS>>>
I almost forgot...
besides the Shure website, where is the best place to get these Shure foamies?

Feb 29, 2004 at 3:40 AM Post #2 of 6
nice title
wink.gif

ps.: sorry for the spam. dont own either of those phones.

Feb 29, 2004 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 6
the reason as to why i made a new topic about this was because with a search, there is no definite answer whether the Shures are actually compatable with the Ety's...specifically the ER 4S/P.
some have said you cannot use them with the Ety's, and others have said otherwise???
anyone have any experiences that they wish to share??
thanx
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 29, 2004 at 5:31 AM Post #4 of 6
You can use the Shure sleeves (e1/3/5 models) with the Ety ER-4 series. You may need a bit more force to get the Shure sleeve over the enlarged tip of the Etys, but the diameter of the E5 and ER-4 sleeves are nearly identical. I have tried using the tri-flanges from Shure on my Etys and vice-versa. It will work.

Note, though, that the Shure E2 and Ety ER-6 do not apply to this sleeve swapping -- they have difference layouts and diameters.

Mar 1, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by zeplin
PS>>>
I almost forgot...
besides the Shure website, where is the best place to get these Shure foamies?

The Shure foamies for the E1/E3/E5 work perfectly. I may be the one who started this when I used the yellow foamies I'd tested out the E5's with on my Etys and found perfection. They were shorter, denser, and not quite as itchy as the regular Ety foamies. I was able to get the best seal of all in addition to the most comfort with these. Obviously, bass was enhanced because of the better seal. It was also easier to get them into my ear though, as they start losing their recovery, I have to kind of hold them in a little bit longer whilst they poof out. On a plus or minus side (haven't decided), the yellow will definitely let you know if you have earwax. Some things I just don't always want to know about....

www.shure.com is the best place to get these.

Mar 1, 2004 at 1:45 AM Post #6 of 6
thanx wildeone! i was waiting for you to ring in. i think i PM'ed you about this awhile ago and you never answered back
frown.gif
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

no seriously, i'm going to try the shure foamies and see how they work out, which i'm thinking will be great! thanx you all for your input
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back