Are you serious with the headphone mania?
Mar 15, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #47 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must be dumb. I don't mind the Apple earbuds at all. Let's hope someone doesn't quote this and put it in their sig
biggrin.gif
(although they probably will now -.-). I am trying some Denon D5000 this weekend hopefully, so we will see if I need to add another to my small collection
wink.gif
Be great if I had something like the JH 13 Pro and Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm and Grado HF-2. That should complete my headphone collecting (as I believe the DT880 are going to replace my ALO-780). But this is head-fi and the journey never ends
tongue.gif

The apple earbuds are actually pretty good for packins. They get so much hate, but frankly they sound a lot better than the Sennheiser MX550s (or any of the MX series for that matter -- tried them against the 350 and 450 as well). They don't stand up to a decent set of IEMs by any stretch but they're a lot better than any other earbud I tried (have not tried the Yuins).

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #48 of 51
Yeah I gotta try them Yuin PK3 some time. Get my UM3X custom molded for long tripe and Yuins just when I go out and about, I don't have to use a case because they are only like $50, as opposed to $350+

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #49 of 51
Quote:

A while for me is 3 months. If I own something for over 3 months and still use it, it is a very good sign
wink.gif

Ninkul, how old are you? I would have expected you to spend more on a car or a house mortgage etc
wink.gif

I just finished uni :p so this is my carefree year with money then off to saving for a car then save for a mortgage and hopefully be housed by the time i'm 30 :p

I recommend going straight for the PK2/1 as well
tongue.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #50 of 51
Naww sif do Uni. I have no idea what I am going to have as a career, no idea in the world. Wasn't planning on going to Uni. But it may be worth it, depending on the occupation I will be studying.

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #51 of 51
Quote:

Naww sif do Uni. I have no idea what I am going to have as a career, no idea in the world. Wasn't planning on going to Uni. But it may be worth it, depending on the occupation I will be studying.

Actually... I spent about as much on a lease termination fee as headphone/related equipment... ah well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back