Are you satisfied yet? (aka: The David Mahler appreciation poll.)
Aug 5, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #17 of 24
I don't know if satisfied is the right word here. I know the direction in which my rig needs to go and bit by bit I'm getting there, but seeing how we're in proper left-field what-if territory here populated by mad scientists and maniacal DIYers - and seeing how I have no DIY skill whatsoever - it's slow going. I do have an iteration of it that I like though. Now it just needs to be upgraded bit by bit to fix various issues.

It also helps to have realistic expectations, but when you have friends that work in Hollywood and have access to some of the very finest systems ever assembled, it's never easy.

Aug 5, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #19 of 24

Quote:
I'm 'done' and have no intention of buying more gear.  (Really... I'm done.) (I'm serious, it can't get any better.)

^

Fool's paradise if there ever was one.............................

Aug 7, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #21 of 24
I am so done now and just buying more music mostly jazz and acoustic audiophile recordings. Last time I stopped for 10 years and I am now at that point since I love my rig and could not be more satisfied.

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #22 of 24
I think I'm just about ready to get off the upgrade bus. This is only possible since I've switched to listening to headphones. With a traditional speaker rig, the road upward is virtually unending, and leads only to financial ruin. Once my KGSSHV is ready, it will likely stay with my O2 Mk1 for a long time. My EAD DAC still has to get the full Noble treatment, and then that should be it for awhile, though I could see an EMM or MBL DAC further down the road.

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #23 of 24
id be done if i was able to keep the zdse.  the sound is tremendous with my headphones... its just too big for my small desk andhad to pull my wife's nightstand over and shes not too thrilled about that.  so in order to have a happy home, im parting with my dream amp.  so i guess.... back into the game of finding something smaller. 

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #24 of 24
i'm extremely satisfied with my current rigs and they have withstood the test of many comparisons. having said thay, i am always interested in hearing new headphones/amps - esp. if they are reference level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back