are you left or right brained?
Oct 27, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #46 of 64
I'm not too sure about the accuracy of this spinning girl of predicting your mental state, but just for info. When someone is "left brained" it means that they spend more time using their left hemisphere than their right. You actually switch hemispheres quite regularly. An actual test of this is it the Nasal Dominance test. Basically block one nostril and try to breath in through your nose. One side will be harder to breath through than the other. If your left nostril is easier to breathe through then you are using the right hemisphere of your brain. This cycles throughout the day.... try it, SCIENCE IS FUN!

Oct 27, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #47 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Jester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not too sure about the accuracy of this spinning girl of predicting your mental state, but just for info. When someone is "left brained" it means that they spend more time using their left hemisphere than their right. You actually switch hemispheres quite regularly. An actual test of this is it the Nasal Dominance test. Basically block one nostril and try to breath in through your nose. One side will be harder to breath through than the other. If your left nostril is easier to breathe through then you are using the right hemisphere of your brain. This cycles throughout the day.... try it, SCIENCE IS FUN!

Unless you have a deviated septum.

Oct 27, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #48 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless you have a deviated septum.

Or a peanut stuck in one of your nostrils.

Interestingly, I'm breathing freely out of my left nostril and I can only make the hot shadow girl go clockwise.

Oct 27, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #50 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchy965 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
QFT
I've seen this optical illusion many times. I can force it to spin either way using the shadow.

I only see it going clockwise, hard as I may. How do you use the shadows to change rotation perception?

Oct 28, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #53 of 64
For those that can't make her change directions:

Look at the SHADOW of the foot on the extended leg. It comes in and out of view. Concentrate on that going one way or the other as it comes back into view and you can make her change directions.

Also, She's hot.

Oct 28, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #56 of 64
I looked at that picture for 20 minutes, I can never make her spin counter-clockwise. My right nostril is always jammed and she always spins clockwise.

Psychologist said I'm left brained, what is going on? I guess something happened since I started the audio hobby. I look more at the big picture of the music now. 3 years ago when I couldn't hear a difference between my first 2 upgrades (source and amp) I was focusing on separate parts of the music and that obviously didn't work. Maybe skeptics are left brained.

Oct 28, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #57 of 64
She only spins Counter Clockwise for me. But like a previous poster mentioned, you use either side at different times. I suppose that you can also train yourself as to which side is being used at different times. I am teaching myself a musical instrument , so I am trying to tap into the creativity of my right hemisphere, but most times I am the logical and factual type person.
blink.gif

Oct 28, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #58 of 64
It comes down to whether you view her pivot foot as being her right or left foot. If you assume the pivot foot is her right foot, she appears to be spinning counter clockwise, but a left-footed pivot yields the perception of a clockwise spin.

Oct 28, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #59 of 64
cool, I see her spinning both ways actually. Before I got the point of the whole thing. I was looking, she was spinning clockwise, then I glanced at her shadow on the ground and she was going counter-clockwise. fun stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back