Are you JEALOUS of my setup?
Jun 18, 2005 at 9:29 AM Post #49 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
I am in awe. I've never been able to get anything I have to fart.

ROTFLMAO!
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2005 at 10:31 AM Post #50 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
I am in awe. I've never been able to get anything I have to fart.

Try more green vegetables
wink.gif

Back to the case in hand though, that sounds like something is seriously underpowered somewhere...

Jun 18, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #51 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
Try more green vegetables
wink.gif

Back to the case in hand though, that sounds like something is seriously underpowered somewhere...

Underpowered? If the amp was more powerful, maybe the sound will be compromised. Anyway, I LIKE THE DISTORTION I TURN IT UP AS LOUD AS I CAN TO HEAR THE DISTORTION BECAUSE IT SOUNDS AWESOME.

Jun 18, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #52 of 60
I'm tired of these trollish, newbie-ish, stupid, pathetic, and frivelous posts you are making about your broken 30 year old amplifier and your 500 dollar Omega Loudspeakers that aren't even positioned in a proper stereo setup.

Jealous?! I feel jealous for you - I can't believe you can let yourself post these threads! I wish I had those kind of characteristics
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: I swear I am not a jerk in real life, but my comments stand.

Jun 18, 2005 at 4:21 PM Post #53 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix
Underpowered? If the amp was more powerful, maybe the sound will be compromised. Anyway, I LIKE THE DISTORTION I TURN IT UP AS LOUD AS I CAN TO HEAR THE DISTORTION BECAUSE IT SOUNDS AWESOME.

I've just listened to your distortion track, and to me personally it distorts in all the wrong places (what kind of EQ do you have on, and if you're running your soundcard, do you have the soundcard itself in the clipping zone, because that is what it sounds like to me)... but each to their own, so long as you like it, then thats all that matters
smily_headphones1.gif

...Enjoy your distortion...

Jun 18, 2005 at 4:25 PM Post #54 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
I'm tired of these trollish, newbie-ish, stupid, pathetic, and frivelous posts you are making about your broken 30 year old amplifier and your 500 dollar Omega Loudspeakers that aren't even positioned in a proper stereo setup.

Jealous?! I feel jealous for you - I can't believe you can let yourself post these threads! I wish I had those kind of characteristics
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: I swear I am not a jerk in real life, but my comments stand.

My stereo sounds great and I think it's a phenomenon that it creates such awesome distortion for playing music. That's what I'm trying to get across here, is that my amp is superior because it creates heavy distortion when turned up loud that totally kicks butt (and it's hard to capture what it feels like in a recording.) I'm trying to share my joy in owning this system because everyday it drops my jaw when I listen to it. But if you want to be pissy and retort with harsh words of anger, then be my guest. They are your emotions. I tried to chat with you on AIM a few times and I noticed you were always too 'busy' for me, unfortunately. I thought maybe we could chat about music and stuff.

I hope amp designers take this into consideration and make more amps like this one. Somehow I seriously doubt that in today's analytical world it will pass though. For months I thought my amp was broken since I was expecting a pure sound. I could never turn it up loud enough to enjoy it. I'm all passed that now, I understand my amplifier now -- and I find it quite unfortunate that I am one of the few people that enjoys tube distortion.

Part of the reason I seem so opinionated is because this is a hi-fi forum, everything is opinion - and I feel like expressing mine. I'm not trying to be trollish or anything, I am trying to express a legimate love for my system.

BTW do you think you are Ringo Star or something? Whos the bayetille in your avatar? Sorry all the bayetilles kinda look the same to me.

Jun 18, 2005 at 4:35 PM Post #55 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
I've just listened to your distortion track, and to me personally it distorts in all the wrong places (what kind of EQ do you have on, and if you're running your soundcard, do you have the soundcard itself in the clipping zone, because that is what it sounds like to me)... but each to their own, so long as you like it, then thats all that matters
smily_headphones1.gif

...Enjoy your distortion...

No EQ, its just direct output. Thanks, I will enjoy it!

Jun 18, 2005 at 4:42 PM Post #56 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix
I find it quite unfortunate that I am one of the few people that enjoys tube distortion.

People are calling you a troll because you keep saying this. It's not accurate. This is not tube distortion. You could easily find a broken solid state amplifier that sounds like this. Or as Duncan pointed out, incorrect sound card settings could cause this.

Regardless of where the distortion comes from, I'm glad you like it.

Jun 18, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #57 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY
People are calling you a troll because you keep saying this. It's not accurate. This is not tube distortion. You could easily find a broken solid state amplifier that sounds like this. Or as Duncan pointed out, incorrect sound card settings could cause this.

Regardless of where the distortion comes from, I'm glad you like it.

Please go to cdnow.com and download some Stevie Ray Vaughn clips and tell me what kind of distortion that is in his guitar, because it really reminds me a lot of the sound I get.

Jun 18, 2005 at 4:57 PM Post #58 of 60
I'll number these to make it easier for you
rolleyes.gif

1. How it sounds is your opinion - I have seen TOO many threads from you COMPLAINING about the sound first - "Is tube distortion good?" - what the hell is that supposed to mean? You make a poll for it? Of COURSE it isn't good. Then you complain about how your soundcard sounds. You make three threads on how to position the speakers when we tell you with ONE post how to fix your problem. Seriously - just listen to the damn speakers if you like them so much!

2. I have to go to this place called college - I have to do this thing called getting an education... at an institution called MIT - maybe you've heard of it - one of the most challenging and prestigious schools IN THE WORLD? I hardly have time for ANYTHING, let alone talking to you on AOL Instant Messenger - maybe you should have tried in the summer, when I'm not as busy, and only doing internships instead of difficult college courses.

3. Don't go about making "cheap shots" about my avatar. That's foolish, and you're MAKING YOURSELF look even more foolish by pointing out such meaningless things. And no, my avatar is NOT a picture of Mr. Starr, but a picture of John Bonham. You know, that REALLY famous drummer from Led Zeppelin?
rolleyes.gif
You are in absolutely no position in any respect to be making fun of my avatar, especially after I see yours.
rolleyes.gif

Grow up.

PS: Your speakers amplifier and Jimi Hendrix's guitar amplifier are two VERY different things. Your speaker amp is meant to amplify an ENTIRE BAND's stereo signal into an electronic signal your speakers can interpret. Hendrix's amp is meant to directly turn a single guitar note's signal into one the internal driver can play. See the difference?
rolleyes.gif
- Of course, if you want EVERYTHING to sound like a really heavy, dark, and distorted guitar amp such as the one that Hendrix was famed with using, then you may have just reached audio bliss with your broken 30 year old tube amp!

Jun 18, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #59 of 60
Quote:

I'll number these to make it easier for you
rolleyes.gif

Ok.

Quote:

1. How it sounds is your opinion - I have seen TOO many threads from you COMPLAINING about the sound first - "Is tube distortion good?" - what the hell is that supposed to mean? You make a poll for it? Of COURSE it isn't good. Then you complain about how your soundcard sounds. You make three threads on how to position the speakers when we tell you with ONE post how to fix your problem. Seriously - just listen to the damn speakers if you like them so much!

Isn't everything on this forum opinion? Yea, I complained about the sound at first, I was overanalyzing and expecting totally purity and accuracy. And yea I still think my soundcard sounds a bit funny. I have a right to complain, isn't that what this forum is for? As for speaker positioning, it was Louis at Omega Speaker Systems who actually ended up giving me the best suggestion. I am listening to my speakers, right now in fact... and I'd like to write about it, if that's okay with you. Please let me know?

Quote:

2. I have to go to this place called college - I have to do this thing called getting an education... at an institution called MIT - maybe you've heard of it - one of the most challenging and prestigious schools IN THE WORLD? I hardly have time for ANYTHING, let alone talking to you on AOL Instant Messenger - maybe you should have tried in the summer, when I'm not as busy, and only doing internships instead of difficult college courses.

Cool, man, I dig it. Just tone down on the ego a bit and you'll be all good. I go to college too man, I study Oriental Medicine. My speciality is Chinese herbalism. I still have time to make friends though, or I would be pretty messed up psychologically and then what kind of a doctor would I be?

Quote:

3. Don't go about making "cheap shots" about my avatar. That's foolish, and you're MAKING YOURSELF look even more foolish by pointing out such meaningless things. And no, my avatar is NOT a picture of Mr. Starr, but a picture of John Bonham. You know, that REALLY famous drummer from Led Zeppelin?
rolleyes.gif
You are in absolutely no position in any respect to be making fun of my avatar, especially after I see yours.
rolleyes.gif

I wasn't, I swear to god I thought it was Ringo Starr and that you were a Beatles fan. And I don't listen to much Led Zepplin these days, although I used to have this old copy on tape with some song about a bridge or something that I thought was really cool.

My avatar is from a french comic book. Ever read Asterix The Gaul? I used to read it a lot when I was a kid. Very funny stuff.

Quote:

Grow up.

I'm 25 years old. How old are you?

Jun 18, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #60 of 60
I can't believe you guys can't play together and "be nice" in a simple thread like this. Take it to pm's if you wish to continue.

Playground closed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back