Are you happy?
May 15, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #46 of 55
Yes. Definitely.

In the 21st century, audio gear is so good and even access to quality vintage stuff is relatively easy too.

Another great thing is that budget gear is fantastic. Last year for my bedroom rig, I bought a new Yamaha CD player for $300 and I love it. The built in DAC is very nice and I can hook up my iPhone/ iPad or MacBook to that CD player’s DAC and it sounds great.

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #48 of 55
I’m also happy that I just bought a Bluetooth receiver for my bedroom rig and it was not expensive. Around $120 I think. And it can digitally output into a separate DAC unit.

It’s shocking how you can get good sounding audio without breaking bank.

Your wallet will be happy. It’s not sorry for your wallet anymore.

May 31, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #49 of 55
I just pinched myself?

May 31, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #50 of 55
To make sure I’m not dreaming.

Jun 9, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #52 of 55
86F11B6E-E94E-48F6-8200-A964ED1744D0.jpeg

I suspect gratitude is a key. Maybe walking past a dark forest of confusion is the beginning...........upon reaching a place to finally sit and reflect. Some may make this a purchasing hobby of endless unsatisfying acquisition? Did we know a destiny from the start? Yet hopefully there is a place for everyone to stop and admire music?

Jun 9, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #53 of 55
At this juncture, I'd say that I'm happy... 90% of the time.

The other 10% of my time is spent wondering what else is out there, waiting to be discovered.

Jun 10, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #54 of 55
You know, I love my set up. It's nothing crazy and super expensive, but it's mine. I picked everything and put it together and I love each item for it's individuality. I have found myself getting caught up in perhaps the price tag of gear and think that more money automatically means it's better. But then I will put some music on my set up and listen to it, and I'm blown away by the gear. Everything is so subjective, and that's what I love about this type of stuff. To me what I have sounds amazing, so that's all I need.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #55 of 55
I’m actually Very happy now. I just got a new keyboard. The Arturia Keylab MKII and wow, it is stunning! This is a serious machine. It’s so good that I’m losing interest in audio listening and am more excited about making music. Seriously, this is a stunning unit and a must for any musician out there with piano skills

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back