Are you happy with E4/C's cable?
Jul 17, 2005 at 9:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

ghiberti

100+ Head-Fier
I've got my E4 a few days ago.
concerning SQ, I have nothing to especially complain of.
but its cable sucks. For me, it's too thick-as thick as ipod's remote cable-
and heavy-with the damn thing is where cable splits-,and isn't smooth enough.
then, it makes units frequently come out of my ears
and easily sticks to my wet neck skin. I don't understand
why they chose stuff like this for its cable. as compared with super-fis,
definitely it's one of their weak points.
you guys happy with that?

Jul 17, 2005 at 9:46 AM Post #3 of 25
I really like the cable...

I suppose if I were to change anything about it, I would add a memory wire and shorten it a bit. The thing is, though, if you shorten the cable, some people might have problems with home usage. Since some people like to wear it earbud style rather than looping it over the top of their ears, the memory wire may also be undesireable.

Jul 17, 2005 at 10:33 AM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
I really like the cable...

I like it more than the thin Ety or UE cable, they get tangled up all the time and feel flimsy. I keep thinking it will break. Sure cable just seems more substantial and hardy. It never tangles and it's nice and thick (like my mini-mini cables - beam!)

ZT

Jul 17, 2005 at 1:26 PM Post #6 of 25
I like it . "Slightly long, but strong".
People have complains about something or other ! Someone started a thread , few days ago about wire being flimsy , now we have complain about the wire being thick.
Come on ! enjoy the damn sound. That 's what, it is made for !!
Mine are in a burning phase. They sound awesome already .
Happy for my investment..
280smile.gif
280smile.gif

Jul 17, 2005 at 2:08 PM Post #8 of 25
I think the E4C cable is also excellent. Simple length adjustment: just loop the cable around your neck one time and that takes up any extra slack.

KenB

Jul 17, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #9 of 25
I like the E4c's cable better than the E5c. It is lighter and less microphonic and seems less bulky and more flexible. The cord is still too long though. I wish it was only 4 feet long... that would be perfect for portable use. You can fix the problem by bundling up a short section and spiral wrapping it with electrical or other tape. This works well and is a cheap solution.

Jul 17, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #10 of 25
Not a problem here. I think it's an excellent very high quality cabe with minimum microphonics compared to Ety cables. As with others my only minor complains are that it's too long and Shure don't supply a shirt clip.

Jul 17, 2005 at 5:26 PM Post #11 of 25
I personally love the cable, perfect length. IF anything the cords connecting to the earbuds could be a little thicker
eek.gif
, like the e2c's so they would stay behind your ears just a tad better. Overall it is a great cord, and the up-around-your-ears thing vastly decreases microphonics
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #12 of 25
Would their be any way to add memory wire to the cable?

I think if mine is too long I will just shorten it and reterminate the mini end while I'm at it.
wink.gif

Jul 17, 2005 at 6:48 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebrain
I personally love the cable, perfect length. IF anything the cords connecting to the earbuds could be a little thicker
eek.gif
, like the e2c's so they would stay behind your ears just a tad better. Overall it is a great cord, and the up-around-your-ears thing vastly decreases microphonics
biggrin.gif

LOL, I have the exact opposite experience with the E2 cable, they always come out from behind my ears...

Jul 18, 2005 at 12:36 AM Post #14 of 25
I like the cable very much. It is very sturdy. I do not like thin cable because especially with canalphone, the microphonics effect is just terrible with thin cable, such as er4 or er6.

Jul 18, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #15 of 25
I'm not a fan of the rather thick, clunky Shure E2/3/4 cables. I much prefer the UE Super.Fi Pro cable.....thin, weightless, memory wire .........and absolutely no microphonics whatsoever.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back