Are you cat person or a dog person?
Aug 22, 2007 at 1:00 PM Post #46 of 67
^^ Well, you train dog but cat will train you
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #47 of 67
It depends what you want from having an animal, I see why cats suit most people better, much easier and less stressful.

Personally, I love dogs way more. I have 2 cats and love them too, but I don't feel I can build a relationship with a cat. My dog is very intelligent and communicates with me, entertains me, challenges me and rewards me. I give him the same.

I spend an hour a day with him at the local dog park. There are no cat parks in my area...

Aug 22, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #48 of 67
Our old cat died
frown.gif
, but yup I was trained, and we actually had a pretty good personal relationship, especially when I'd come out of the shower in the evening. As I'd leave the bathroom, he'd come running down the hall, running half way up the wall, and I'd have to bend down so he could rub his nose all over my face(yuck; I'd rewash afterward)so that the world would know that I was HIS human!
icon10.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #51 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's like losing a close relative when they die. Cats sure can be beautiful and affectionate.

x2. Our cat died 5 years ago at age 22. I still miss it.

Aug 22, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #53 of 67
I like cats. Though when my cat decided to 'play' with the cord of my ER6i's I found out that pet damage is not covered under the warranty. I had to remind myself that she didn't do it on purpose.
eek.gif

Jeff

Aug 22, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #55 of 67
Cats because I love how independent they are. Dogs always seem in need of attention to me.

Aug 22, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #56 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup; there are times when TOO much attention from a pet can be just TOO much! A cat almost never can become too annoying.
cool.gif

Nah, you just haven't met the right cat.

One of mine likes to knock stuff off of tables by nudging it with it's nose. Lost a fair amount of plates/bowls/cups that way. Same cat often meows (loudly) when it's awake and I'm not paying attention to it.

Other cat is more normal, but I suspect it pisses on things when it's annoyed.

Aug 22, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #57 of 67
I love dogs as well, but cats are definitely better for where I'm at in my life right now...

Zoe
1131915712_zoe_009.jpg

Zoe was given to me by a friend after finding her in a barn. She was the runt, and had been abandoned by the mother. As a result, she was never really socialized and can be a real pain in the ass, but she has her moments. She's 5 now, and I've had her since she was about 2 weeks old.

Koshka
1187380709_cats_002.jpg

She's an 8 year old cat I got last fall from the local SPCA... They took her from a home with worms, mites, and fleas, she was pregnant and at some point, had been hit by a car and lost some teeth and the use of one eye, but was never brought to a vet. So needless to say, she'd had a rough time of it. She had been at the shelter for almost 3 months, and nobdy had taken her. But as it turns out, she's the sweetest, most affectionate cat I've ever had, and am really glad I got her, despite almost passing on her for being a little older and the whole one eye thing.

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #58 of 67
Cat's and I just do not get along, I'm afraid.

When I met my (now) wife, she already had 3 cats. So I knew what I was getting into. They were kind of 'cute' in the beginning, and were kind of fun to play with for a while. But as the years wore on, my patients and tolerance for them went down. And continues to go down to this day. I could list the things about the cats that irk me to no end (and believe me, it would be a very long list). But it wouldn't even be worth my effort, because I am sure all the Cat fanatics would jump all over me and come running to the defense of cats everywhere.
smily_headphones1.gif

I also have one small dog which is a Cocker Spaniel / Poodle mix. He is the coolest Dog ever! I would (in a heartbeat) trade in the 3 cats for three more dogs like him, and I wouldn't loose a single wink of sleep over it.

I feel that my Dog adds greatly to my "quality of life", where the cats take away from it.

So I would say I am definitely a "Dog Person". Once the cats finish out their natural lives, I can promise that we will NOT be getting any more. I am sure that in some twisted and masochistic way I will miss them a tiny bit (they are part of the family after all), but after that, no more cats for me ever again, thank you very much.

Although I must admit I get a giggle out of looking at funny pictures and videos of cats on the interweb. But that's about the only enjoyment I am capable of getting out of cats.

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #60 of 67
I'm an all-around animal lover, but cats take the cake. Having a hard time living without a cat right now, but it's a temporary situation and one that will likely be rectified once my girlfriend gets back from Teachers College.

Probably end up with a puppy out of the deal, too. With dogs, I like them all but mine will be a big dumb softy. I couldn't live with one of those damn ankle-biters (though they're great fun when they aren't your own). Too much damn yapping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back