Are you affected by dusk?
Aug 20, 2007 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

mofonyx

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I'm just curious to whether they are other people out there affected by dusk.

Usually it only happens when I'm alone, or not out of the house watching the world bustling by. It is when dusk that I feel most alone, much like there's no one else there to reach out to, or that my life is wasting away doing nothing.

Somehow dusk just seems to suck a lot of life out of me. If I'm not out I usually nap away my dusk hours and wake up for my night life. I don't like to feel what I'm feeling now, which is immense lonliness and no one in particular to call or to go out with.

So.. is it just me? Am I really alone on this?

Aug 20, 2007 at 11:27 AM Post #2 of 27
Dusk = End of the work day = Yay!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #6 of 27
I've had the same feeling in my gut during dusk, specially on Sundays. I believe I associated it as a child with the end of fun and going back to school the next day, and kind of being "alone2 in those "hostile" environments.

Aug 20, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #9 of 27
I love dusk, because dusk means it's time to go for a walk and start moving around. Plus, it makes for good pictures. I like the night in general, really.

Aug 20, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #11 of 27
Personally, I love dusk.

Mainly because it's the transition into night, and that means that during this stupidly hot summer, the scorching heat stops heating up my office, Which is over a poorly-insulated garage, and has a non-coated bay window. It's not fun listening to the Beyers when it's 25c in here.

Aug 20, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #13 of 27
Some people, like my co worker does not like dusk. For me, I love it because I am a night person. Night life is full of energy for me so I welcome dusk. Dawn is great too. Theres beauty in all times of the day and in all seasons.

Aug 20, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there,

I'm just curious to whether they are other people out there affected by dusk.

Usually it only happens when I'm alone, or not out of the house watching the world bustling by. It is when dusk that I feel most alone, much like there's no one else there to reach out to, or that my life is wasting away doing nothing.

Somehow dusk just seems to suck a lot of life out of me. If I'm not out I usually nap away my dusk hours and wake up for my night life. I don't like to feel what I'm feeling now, which is immense lonliness and no one in particular to call or to go out with.

So.. is it just me? Am I really alone on this?

Dusk induces strong emotions in me, similar to what you experience. I love that feeling of alone. I don't enjoy dusk when someone else is around. I don't know that it sucks the life out of me, but it does suck alot of the crap of the day out of me, leaving me feel peaceful, calm and relaxed.
I've often wished dusk could last all day.

Aug 20, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had the same feeling in my gut during dusk, specially on Sundays. I believe I associated it as a child with the end of fun and going back to school the next day, and kind of being "alone2 in those "hostile" environments.

I used to have a similar Sunday feeling as a kid. What an incredibly boring day, the sense of nothing to do, the pervasive sound of chainsaws and lawnmowers a constant reminder of exactly how little was happening.

Now I cherish boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back